or Connect

Posts by Tidybeard

"Can I get", as in "can I get a latte?". Well, since you're in Starbucks there is a very good chance. Would you like one?
Quote: Originally Posted by Coatwright It pleases me greatly to read how highly you rate the Invertere coats. Invertere ARE still manufacturing coats in England although only selling direct to the end customer. Having read many of the posts on Style Forum it appears American men are still far more passionate and knowledgable about their clothing than us Brits. That's great to hear - where do we find out more about them? By the way, I'm a Brit!
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria The answer is a real Grenfell or an Invertere, both deceased. - B Agreed. I have a couple of Invertere raincoats and an Aquascutum trench (made in England). The Invertere are absolutely fantastic and put the Aquascutum to shame - I've never seen a better constructed coat. A real shame that they couldn't make it work.
Quote: Originally Posted by KObalto I wouldn't dye it. If you don't want it, I'll bet you can turn it over on B&S very quickly. I just picked up an Invertere Squire (corduroy hunting jacket with suede shoulders) and it's freaking amazing. Can't wait to wear it. Thanks, I think I've abandoned the idea. I agree, they are really wonderful coats - a real shame that they couldn't make it work.
Quote: Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol Wait for next summer. Won't I be wearing shorts and polo shirt in the summer?
For the lighter weight stuff I like high twist cloth. I have a suit made up from H&S 9oz high twist and it's proven really good, especially for travel. It's light weight, strong and resists wrinkles really well.
Quote: Originally Posted by voxsartoria Sully not that which is already perfect. - B Thanks - how's that Aston SAB umbrella working out for you?
Thanks - you're probably right. I'd be happy if it was khaki - that's the colour it looked like and why I bought it but in reality it's much lighter, almost off-white.
Gents, I have heroically won a NOS Invertere raincoat on ebay. It's quite a lot lighter in shade than it looked in the pics - a creamy white colour which isn't going to be too practical. However, it fits well and the construction is stupendous so I want to keep it. The shell is 100% cotton but water beads and runs right off. This could be because of the very fine weave of the cotton (ventile or Grenfell type cloth) or it may be coated in some sort of water repellent, I...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mr. Moo That's pretty funny. What else ya got? Should I post the PM where I said "hold on, let me check to see which maker this is?" followed by an "OK" from the seller? Nothing else, just a guess. Your deerskin bag episode gave me inspiration for weeks. The world needs more characters.