or Connect

Posts by Tidybeard

^^^Thanks for the advice, will check them out.
Hello, OP mentions that home cinema systems are OK too. I've just finished putting one together in a dedicated room (a converted outbuilding). Kit list is: JVC HD750 projector (I think it's called the RS20 in the US) Beamax A-velvet 110in screen Denon 3800 blu-ray player Sky HD satellite box Lexicon MC4 processor (I love this and can't give it up so I feed HD audio in from the 3800 via analogue out and do bass management in the player). NAD Masters M25 7 channel...
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson You're obviously a jerk. And I'm not sure you're worthy of responding to K. I am indeed a jerk. And I have no wish to argue with a man who has been recently granted PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER. I therefore gracefully withdraw.
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson Why is there a sudden obsession with purseforum, and can we get rid of it? I'm not able to discuss that at this time.
Quote: Originally Posted by Jangofett I note the same point about Ascot Shoes. They have tons of Lobbs plus some Prestiges. Some other sellers are also selling brand new R Lobbs too. But I dont' see why JL would be upset about sellers like Ascot. I mean, just jack up the price to Ascot's and sell it on the internet if they aren't too pleased with internet sellers. If not, sell it at whatever price they do now and should be thankful if their stocks...
Quote: Originally Posted by theyare How does that seller end up with so much inventory if they are so suspicious and aware of him? Very good question - I guess he/she has people buying on his/her behalf. I dropped into the sale last year and noticed that about three weeks later Ascot Shoes had 30-40 pairs on ebay that were in the sale (boat shoes, loafers, rubber soles, etc.). They were marked up pretty significantly from the shop sale...
The problem with the Lobb factory shop is that they are hugely suspicious of anyone they don't know (they hate Ebay sellers) and that can give off a strong negative vibe. Once you've been there a few times and bought some shoes (ideally in your own size), they lighten up a bit and become a lot more friendly. In one of my early visits I was asked if I was Ascot Shoes because I was looking at shoes that weren't my size! (I'm not Ascot Shoes, by the way ).
Quote: Originally Posted by rach2jlc I really don't know if there is anything that can be done. Honestly, of all the fora I've been on, this one has BY FAR the best moderation, best balance, etc. Nevertheless, it's sort of the writing-on-the-wall, and going through the SAME thing I've seen on all the others in terms of how things go. I'm not sure that it is something, either, that could be solved with the banhammer (that, too, was the result/strategy on...
I've been around this loop myself. I alternate between Filson 257 in tan (http://www.filson.com/products/brief...ag.70257.html), Tumi 26141 in black (http://www.tumi.com/product/index.js...erSourceCode=0) and the Papworth 77 computer case in London Tan (http://www.papworthtravelgoods.co.uk...77/index.html). I really like them all, but for any sort of travelling the Tumi is by far the best. It's exceptionally well designed, holds and organises a ton of stuff and is very...
Quote: Originally Posted by sho'nuff absolutely dont get you on this one. sure, you ask can i get. what else do you want a person to say? "give me a coffee" . sure. a kid can say that. "can i get/may i have..." it is just courtesy in speaking. dont let it aggravate you son. But it does aggravate me Dad, because to me courtesy is important and it takes no effort. Here in the UK, "can I get" has taken over. In fact, the next time someone says it...