or Connect

Posts by Tidybeard

If the G fit Church's fit you well (depending on the last) then it's unlikely that the E fit Lobbs will be wide enough (again, depends on the last). I have several Church's (F fitting) and Lobb (E fitting) and they are similar in width.Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but potentially an expensive mistake if you can't try them on, IMO.
Someone bought these for £300 today, just a day after they listed. I agree with others, without the band-aids they would be perfect and I would have bought them myself. A biker somewhere is going to be having fun today...
Thank you for that, much appreciated.
Don't know what that is - does it come with a dental plan?
Thanks for the comments. I got the shoes from the Trickers shop on Jermyn St (I'm in the UK). Regarding Church's, I'm a big fan of their heavy shoes. That Grafton is actually Cordovan (burgundy) in colour made from pull-up leather on a Dainite sole with storm welt which makes it great for wet weather. I have Grafton in black binder on Dainite (again storm welt) which are also great when wet, and (to make it the full set of their "triple sole" collection ), Shannon and...
Thank you. I got them from the Trickers shop in London, a MTO.Macarthur - thanks. I have been a long-term admirer of your shell collection :-).
Trickers shell brogues, just received today.
Just got these today. Full brogue in Teck shell cordovan with red lining on a chanelled leather sole. Quite sleek for Trickers . Also waiting for a Burford boot in dark brown and they'll join up with Wetherby boots and Keswick shoes. The other shoe in the last pic is a Church's Grafton to give an idea of relative shapes and in particular the trimness of the welt on the Trickers shoes. The sole has quite a nice bevel too, which you can't really see in the photos. Sorry...
Sorry for the delay, I haven't been on SF for a while.The case is a Filson Field Satchel. I think it was £495, I bought it from the (then) Filson UK importer - Ptarmigan in Cheshire. They stopped working with Filson shortly afterwards and the last time I went past their shop was closed.The case is still available from Filson but only in dark brown and black http://www.filson.com/products/leather-field-satchel.70252.html. I don't know of any UK stock now, sorry. The Henry...
Agree with the B&R/Tumi recommendations above. I use various combinations of them depending on where/how long I'll be travelling. For a full week I tend to use a Tumi 22021 carry-on and a 26141 expandable briefcase. Those would be stretching the budget though. I agree with the Eagle Creek or similar packing cubes, pouches, etc. - they make it a lot easier to organise your stuff. Both B&R and Tumi are excellent, tough and well organised. B&R is a bit cheaper and can often...