or Connect

Posts by CushyCouture

Not only that, a lot of people are in debt because they are stupid with their money.  Look at the current financial crisis we're in; it's due in large part to the credit comes first mentality many people have.  I know people who:   1.  Spend $100/month on a cell phone bill when they are studying for their GED and have a kid at home. 2.  Have credit card debt but buys a new car.   Earlier I posted a question asking about wardrobe budget.  We are all protected by...
Well it depends what your industry is, in mine $2X/hr is normal for an internship.  And from what I've heard it is also the norm for finance internships.    As for the young workers stuck in a mountain of debt, that is their own fault more often than not.  My parents didn't pay for my expensive college education and I paid off my college debt within a year.  If you're poor growing up, perhaps it's not a good idea to major in communications at a state school.  Now I'm not...
  I don't know if this matters but I graduated 6 years ago and I worked my way through college.  It requires a lot of hard work, but it's possible.  I worked multiple internships that paid me 20 some dollars an hour.  Coupled with the free money I got from school I was able to graduate with less debt than the OP.
I know someone who was a first year at Goldman, with only a bacheleors from an Ivy League make six figures.  However, looking at glassdoor.com the average salary for an analyst is only like 64k!  Isn't that poverty level for New York City?!    Anyways, I also saw a video once of this presumed entry level finance guy at a VIP table with a 6 at best laughing to himself and saying "models and bottles".  Was this guy really making enough money to sit at that table in...
Wait, what the hell, how do you have 45k in debt from I'm assuming a public school?  I went to a top 10 undergrad and didn't even have that much debt upon graduating!  Has the cost of college gone up THAT much?
LOL - "Is this the 5pm crack giveaway?!"  I love Chapelle's show.
Oh my god that is hilarious LOL.  Yeah I think they're getting carried away with the size of the pony on the shirt, it was classy in the 90s when it was no bigger than your thumb, now it's just tacky.  Speaking of logos, does anyone else not like the express lion logo?  Sometimes I'm about to buy a shirt and then I see the logo and I'm like - no thanks.
You can live comfortably on 60k in Arizona right?  And if like you said you work hard you could probably make significantly more.  Keep in mind b school is something like a 150k endeavor, at least the ones I know about.  If you plan on raising a family like in SF or NY, yeah, an MBA from a top 20 will probably really help you.  I might even say you'd need it unless you're a high powered attorney, doctor, tech baller.  As for INSEAD, if you stay in america you may want to...
Well LA-DI-DAH!  Sorry I didn't attend Phillips Exeter like you blue bloods did.  lol j/k