or Connect

Posts by elstinnett

Al in Philly is the one who originally suggested 102701.  I'm fairly certain that it is the fabric I'm going with for this suit.  I also ordered 101037, but I think it is darker than I'm going for.  The fabric you and Al in Philly selected really is a nearly perfect mid-gray.  
  Let's get some better pictures!  This fabric is on my short list for my next KW.  Trying to decide between a couple of mid-gray options and a few navy pinstripe fabrics.
Whoa, thanks for all the great responses.  I'm glad I sought the forum's expertise on the versatility of the navy monk, although my wallet won't be tomorrow!  I've got a good selection of staples (black, walnuts, dark brown, and burgundy), so I think a navy double monk will be a good addition.   NAMOR - Your tumblr basically sealed the deal.  The navy shell looks outstanding with each of those combos.  
How versatile do you find the navy shell? I'm contemplating making my first Carmina purchase by picking up the navy shell Bryant double monk from epaulet. I prefer the burgundy Salinger they have, but they don't have my size. In other words...convince me to go with the navy shell!
    Kent and Shirtmaven:   It was great seeing both of you today.  I'm really glad I was able to make it to NY to order a few custom shirts from shirtmaven, buy a couple pocket squares from Kent, pick a couple of fabrics for my next KW suits, and drool over several other pieces Kent had at the trunk show.  I'm lucky I got outta there with maxing out the credit card!
We have very similar proportions and it worked out wonderfully for me!  I'm actually planning to buy a couple more suits in the very near future.  I went with the 44R and 36 trousers. I brought the waist in and had the seat let out. I am a former sprinter in college and a cyclist now, so my thighs are always a concern.    Kent actually posted a photo of me along with his alteration suggestions previously in this thread. I'm generally a neophyte when it comes to suit fit,...
I have two Alton Lane Gift cards:  One for $25 off anything and one for $50 off a suit or blazer.  $20 and free shipping.
The video totally sold me on adding a monogram to the keeper on my next tie!  It was really cool seeing the process...even if I don't have seven fold from Hober.
  I'm not sure I'm a good candidate for roped shoulders. I've got prominent shoulders with no slope. I went with soft shoulders on my navy suit. I'm not sure a roped, soft shoulder would work for me. Thoughts?     I may, however, be adventurous enough to give a DB a try.  I'll be seeing Kent in three weeks, so I guess I have some decisions to make!
  I would echo the 7003 recommendation.  I received mine recently and am really happy with the fabric.  In fact, I'm so happy with the suit, I'm currently trying to decide what fabric I'll use for my next two suits.  Leaning toward mid-grey (102701 as suggested by Al in Philly) and a navy pinstripe.  Any suggestions on a navy pinstripe?