or Connect

Posts by Simon A

Hong Kong in December/January can be 6 degrees, 95% humidity and with Siberian gales blowing. You might only get a month or six weeks a year out of your tweed jacket, but if you like outdoor activity you will be thankful for it.
It is called a Russell Check.
Great find Fishball, what a riot of colour up close but so subtle from distance. A little like the old Reid and Taylor country twist suitings. I hope it makes up well for you.
I would like 3 metres of the C iteration.
The H-range tweeds from Islay Mill are thornproof-style sporting tweeds and can handle abrasion or snagging without incident. Very good for sporting trousers.   http://www.islaywoollenmill.co.uk/shop/tweeds/h-range/
The short answer is, use a pattern that you like! Herringbone and houndstooth are pretty uncontroversial patterns and would make a good first suit. Honking loud checks, like the Harris Tweed Tartans, are perhaps best left for when you feel more adventurous.   Some family-owned mills which make excellent, very reasonably priced tweeds without merchants' markups can be viewed below. I have garments made from each of their tweeds and I am very happy with them.   Islay...
No. 1 is good, barleycorn with overcheck, very subtle.
Go the Full Monty. Trousers too!
A linen suit was mandatory in that region for the well-dressed gentleman, be he sweaty Caucasian or hypohidriotic Oriental, before air conditioning or electric fans were invented and the best one could hope for was an energetic punkah-wallah or a cool breeze. Tens of thousands of Singaporean professionals wear a suit to work every day, and they seem to survive. Most occasions that call for a suit are indoors, so you should be fine. If you are fit and acclimatised, a...
They sell direct from their mill.Their online shop is closed for the moment.