or Connect

Posts by docdocgs

Hi all, Just putting out feelers here for interest in a basically new pair of a1923 kudu ankle boots (SS14), purchased from HLorenzo a couple of months ago. Size is 45, which feels tts length-wise, but I have kind of a thin, narrow foot, and it just doesn't fit in the more commodious space of this boot, even with insoles. If people have ideas about a better fit for such a pair of long, skinny feet, I'd be happy to hear 'em (except for Guidi). In the meantime, let me know...
JesusGod make it stop...
 Eck,those oiled cavallos are the same as the ones H. Lorenzo has? If so, I got mine about two weeks ago. Immediately at the top of my list of favorites (with kudu back zips tied for first). The fit, the heft, the leather, the subtle play of that red under the grey-beige color; fantastic. Those black ones look quite amazing, too. Know if they're available in 45?Enjoy!
In some cultures/practices, it is expected that the student surpass the master...regardless of that, it remains our choice to buy what we like. And right now, for me, Simone's boots are looking fantastic. As are Alessio's (and who is his "Master?"). 
I agree where a1923 kudus are concerned. I have that exact pair, and while the toe box is stiff (you could kick through walls with those things if you were having a bad day and missed your last anger management class), it is not tight, so there is decent room. And the leather is amazing, it just gets better and better with wear. I even pre-ordered the new a1923 workbooks in kudu from h. lorenzo because I was so blown away by the pair I already have. If you find a pair in...
Not even going there...
 Thanks for posting these pics, jfclarky! I'm currently waiting for arrival of my pair.A few things:1) They're actually shell cordovan, which makes them even more special (all the other current Layer-0 offerings are "just" cordovan (and still fantastic; those natural cordovan ankle boots?!). I'm assuming if you're here, you are well aware of the difference.2) I've had nothing but topnotch service from Marco and everyone else at PNP throughout every transaction. Case in...
Damn that Alessio. Decisions, decisions.            And I already have money down on two pairs of 1923s. Back to playing the lottery...
Then they'd be perfect for you!
Hi Ariiam, I have #1, and I have the fatto a mano version of #2 from previous season (shorter shaft). I also have the a1923 kudu backzips. All fantastic, and all my most-worn boots, but as has been mentioned here by some more experienced than I, your choice depends on the context in which you will be wearing them. I wear them all to work, where really unsavory things can happen to one's boots, and I wear them to social functions, too (well, I guess unsavory things can...