or Connect

Posts by docdocgs

Agreed. I would want to address that personally if that happened to a pair of shoes/boots I had made. Professional integrity dictates. How long have you had them?
Wow, I've had such a different experience with mine, sorry yours has been so brutal. Mine were pretty comfy right away, with a little stiffness, but now after wearing them a lot, they are really nicely broken in. I guess just keep stomping away! Good luck with them! And even though I have a pair to look at, it's always cool to see pictures.
Bald is beautiful (he says, caressing his smooth pate)! oh, and nice fits. would love to see some more stuff by your wife!
A quick comparison of the newest two pairs, the grey horse revers and black kudu. Weird light, but pretty representative pictures. The grey is a bit darker IRL.   Kudu is thick and a little stiff, but not impossibly so. They're both really comfortable right out of the box.
There is not a direct correlation between thickness and durability. Kangaroo is broadly reported to have the greatest tensile strength per unit area of all leathers commonly used, which is why it can be skived thinner. That thinness, though, does translate into some different wear patterns, as @sinnedk mentioned. I don't personally care for kangaroo, new or old, very much. I'd be interested to know, though, of all of the people here, who has had a pair of shoes/boots wear...
What is sick is that the size 44 sold out before I could get my covetous little paws on them. If anyone here happened to pick them up and is displeased, I'd be happy to discuss. Thanks!
Oh, and fwiw, Simone has never produced a turd like this, at least not for public consumption:
Those Beckmans are kind of the definition of "boss." Just not quite the same aesthetic as the baller stuff. But then again, neither are Viberg or Alden, which I guess is maybe why they all have, you know, their own threads that are separate from this one.
I could be mistaken, but I think Topy and Vibram are different brands of sole protectors, and some people tend to prefer one over the other. I've heard that Topy is slightly more durable than Vibram, although I doubt there is a scientifically sound study available.
Vibergs are typically out of his range new, but he might be able to get a pair second-hand. Also, I know the brand is a bit controversial in terms of quality, but Fiorentini&Baker might be to his liking. Blake-stitched, I believe, and with a more similar aesthetic to those in this thread than AE, RW, etc. Back before the illness took hold, I had a number of pairs, since there is a big retailer in San Francisco, and they were always solid for me. Crazy cheap on EBay.