or Connect

Posts by khe86

From what I'm reading from this thread, these BB wingtips are Sutor Mantellassi, lower end line, correct?    
  Well, just came back from the BB store and was reminded of again that their selection is really narrow. They only have the fifth avenue and strand in widths other than D; park and mccallister only come in D width. The peal by CJ also all came in D width.   I ended up exchanging the mccallister for the following wingtip, antique tan, in 10D by paying the...
Unfortunately BB does not have these in width other than D. These are definitely too narrow because the eyelets should not be this far apart for an oxford and I get significant pressure on the top of my feet. I plan to try the 10.5D tomorrow, to see how much the half size larger can widen the shoes by.
Allen Edmonds has the Mccallister in all the widths, from A to EEE. I have been buying most of my shoes from Brooks Brothers through a friend, who's getting 50% off, cutting these shoes down to ~$200 after tax. At BB, they have the Park, Fifth, and Strand in all sizes and widths. The Mccallisters, however, only come in D width. I might have to revert back and pick up the Park in Brown. Returning this is an option but I don't want to bother this friend with returns on...
So I take it I should definitely size up to 10.5 to close the eyelet tabs?
So I traded in those 5th Avenue for the Mccallister in Burgundy. They only come in D width so I went with the 10D. The eyelet tabs have a pretty major gap between them. The red line is where my toes are so I think the length is fine but should I size up to 10.5?  
Excellent advice from everyone. I used to work in IB but really didn't get into shoes until I left IB, so I guess my need for black oxfords is pretty limited. I suppose the Mccallister in Burgundy it is.
Moneywellspent: your train of thought is why I went with the brown 5th avenue to get some color differentiation. I'm thinking black Mccallisters because the Mccallister in burgundy is similar to my fairfax in style and color, but Winston is right that black and brogues are a little contradictory. How would someone wear the black Mccallister? 
Suggestions on which of the following shoes I should get? I ordered from BB the AE fifth avenue and it's not quite right for me, so I'm going to exchange them.    From what I see from Brooks Brother's website, I have the following options:   AE Park in Black, Brown, Walnut. Strand in Black, Brown, Walnut (I already own the walnut). Mccallister in Black, Burgundy.       So far I have the following dress shoes (very limited collection, I know): A pair...
If anyone is looking for the following jacket in large, let me know:   http://www.brooksbrothers.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-brooksbrothers-Site/default/Product-Show?pid=ML00112&CMP=EMC-OrderConfirmation_e   I ordered it during the 70% off sale for $239.40, with $21.25 sales tax. The jacket arrived and is too big for me (medium would have been perfect). I'll let it go for $260 + shipping for those interested. If I get no response by end of the day, I'm going to...