or Connect

Posts by khe86

Where do you guys get these boots from. I emailed the shoebank for a list of shoes in 10D/E and don't see any boots on there.
Any thoughts on the following boots? Looks like a pretty good boot at a good price.   http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/producti_SF9032_1_40000000001_-1
Is that only from the shoebank and seconds?   Also, anyone know what last is the fairfax in? 
I have a bowing problem on my strand but only when I take a step and land on the ground. Once the moment of impact is over, the bowing is gone. The strand is in size 10EEE. The shoes felt ok in the store but after wearing it for a day, I realized it to be too big. Turns out the correct size for me in the 5 last is something between a 9.5EEE and 10E, with the 9.5EEE a little tight while the 10E a little long. 
  It's a pair of Peal & Co nubucks I picked up from BB's recent 70% off sale. It's definitely C&J from the heel pattern but I don't see the shoes on C&J's website so I turned to you guys.   Any thoughts on trees for the 363 last? The trees I have are all from BB and Woodlore, which are made by AE and are bulky. Would these trees damage the shoes by stretching it too much? Are there cheaper alternatives to the standard C&J trees (I'm seeing $100) that are slim and fit well...
For CJs shoes, how do you tell which last a specific shoe is in. On  the shoes I have, I see the following set of numbers, 20392, 106, 10D, 1385-13363. Obviously 10D is the shoe size, so is 392, 106, or 363 the last #? And do you guys only use CJ shoe trees? The shoe is quite slim and narrows significantly around the toes. The Woodlore shoetrees (made by AE) I have are quite big for this pair of CJ shoes. 
It's not quite a a rubber sole. If you go to AE's website and check out their combination tap sole, that's similar to what BB is offering.
  I had a friend who went to the Armani outlet in Woodbury Commons. Poly/wool blend fused suits were going for $1500. The outlet has been there since I first went there when I was in middle school back in the late 90s...so someone must be buying.
Yes they are the same maker, which is why I opted for them knowing they will fit despite being fairly snug out of the box. The shoes stretch out quite a bit due to the leather being incredibly soft. I plan to put on some flushed metal taps on them because the leathers on the sole is much thinner than the English shoemakers, and I walk with a very pronounced toe pushoff.   From the heel of the shoe, it looks like it's made by Sutor Mantellassi but I can't get a...
They are opening one in Toronto.