or Connect

Posts by khe86

Will you keep offering the Griffith wholecut? I love the shoe but don't quite want to spend money on new shoes right now, so I'm planning to hold off a few months before buying it. 
For the brown RL Sanderson, is the AE brown polish appropriate?
People buy AE because they are the best shoes you can get at this price point, especially with AE seconds going for $130-200. The comparison shouldn't be between AE and John Lobb/EG/CJ, which one would you buy. It should be between AE and Bostonian/Cole Haan/Florsheim/etc. which one would you buy.
Are the AE brown polish appropriate for the AE for RL brown shoes?
Tan is lighter than walnut.
Received my Brown Sanderson today. Just like my RL Illford seconds (purchased at $199, so for those buying at $130, you guys are very fortunate), I can't find the flaws that made them 2nd quality. There are slight scuffs on the sole of one shoe near the toe area but that seems inconsequential, especially when I plan to install toe plates. 
Different last as well. You are looking at 5 last for Mccallister v. the RL last, which I believe is the 2.    Personally, I agree with the previous posters who said that the AE for RL has better leather and better finish. The RL Illford boots I have are made by AE and the leather feels more supple than my AE shoes. 
I snagged the last pair of Sanderson Brown 10D yesterday. $129.50 is an incredible deal. 
Are the AE for RL made of better leather than the normal AE? I know I asked this before but I can't really believe how big the markup on the RL retail is. 
The wording sounds like they are not legally allowed to recraft AE for RL shoes.