or Connect

Posts by dcg

No, 642 is double action only, with no external trigger. With 5 rounds loaded, you pull the trigger, it shoots. The issue with the cop shooting himself on youtube was that he didn't clear his weapon, and then he put his finger where it shouldn't have been. He pulled the trigger with a round in the chamber. So if you're looking to set up a double action only revolver such that you can carry it and make the same mistake and have it NOT fire, you'd need the next round in...
Are you guys talking about a concern about the gun firing if dropped (what Jan addressed), or a concern about pulling the trigger when you shouldn't (the issue with the cop in the infamous Youtube video*)? Because if you're talking about the former, then Jan's response has you covered. But if you're talking about the latter, then you'd need to have the NEXT chamber empty, meaning you'd have to pull the trigger twice to fire a round, which just seems like a bad idea all...
Maybe not a safety, but plenty have an internal lock....though that's a whole other story.
Pretty long and heavy pull on a 642/442. You shouldn't have any issues while using a good pocket holster.
Yeah, and they let you decide whether they can just give you the "Good" price if they decide it's not "Like New", or send it back to you for free. I told them to send it back if they don't consider it "Like New". Figured if I tell them they can give me the "Good" price, they'll be more likely to do that. But if they're gonna have to pay to ship it both ways, they're more likely to give me the "Like New" pricing (which, truthfully, is the condition of my phone - but you...
Double checked, and they actually describe it as "like new". You can check all the details at http://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Trade-In/b?ie=UTF8&node=2226766011Criteria for "like new" are:Item is in perfect working conditionThe original manufacturer packaging and all original accessories are intactThere is no visible wear or personalizationSuitable for presenting as a giftOf course, they have to look at it once it arrives, but I'm not too concerned - mine was a warranty...
Not sure if work IT allows that - I know there's some kind of software they install. Back on topic for the iPhone - Amazon seems to have pretty good offers for trading in your current phone (as long as you don't mind an Amazon credit vs. cash). Carrier dependent, but they offered me $235 for a 16 GB Black 5 (non S) in perfect condition. Sprint's offer was $145.
Thanks, I'll check that out. I need to confirm what's available through work - I'm definitely going to stick with Apple for my personal phone, but my preferences when it comes to a work phone are a little different. I was thinking of an HTC One remix with the 4.5" screen, but that's about the same size as the 4.7" iphone (and thicker, but likely with a bigger battery).While the call quality, speakerphone, and batter life on the razr maxx have been great, it's definitely...
LG and HTC were on my radar, but I just checked out the company options, and all they have is the 5S and Galaxy S5. They used to have a bunch of options for each carrier, but it looks like they may have consolidated. I'm not a big Samsung fan, so not sure what I'll do now. Have to wait and see which version of the iPhone 6 they offer.Also have to look at how much I'd be able to get on my own for my 5 vs. what I'll get trading in through the carrier. Much easier to go...
Pretty sure it's both.Despite being disappointed with the release, I'm probably going to go ahead an upgrade. Actually, what I'm most looking forward to is being able to use a fingerprint to unlock (I'm on a 5). With the ability to get a pretty good priced for your used phone and get the upgrade discount, it almost doesn't make sense not to.Not sure what to do for my work phone, though. I'm due for an upgrade there also. Using the original motorola razr maxx, and it's...