or Connect

Posts by Mdkeene

The DB was a bit big on me. Actually, it was good, then big, then tight, and now back to good. Due to sports and the injuries that come with them, I go thrpugh some pretty big weight changes and shifts in body shape. Depending on the season my body varies as well. Bigger legs in summer due to biking. None of my suits fit perfectly all year round...not even the bespoke jacket, pants, nor shirts. It sucks but it is what it is. I am going to stick with the db as it is the...
  Are my Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion skills off? ... no, 30-35 C is between 85 and 95 F.  You must be a machine, because for me, a pasty white northern European, anything over 25 becomes a direct reason to not step foot out of the house and sit beside the refridgerator with the freezer door open.   I was hoping people would pick the DB, as I really like it.  I just wasn´t sure if it was decent for a wedding.  Somehow the DB suit, though I know it´s more formal, isn´t...
Hi all, I have a wedding coming up in May, and since money is low, I won´t be able to purchase an appropriate suit.  The wedding starts at 6pm and though it isn´t a super formal wedding, all will be in suits.  Unfortunately, I don´t have a dark suit, which would be best.  What I do have is three suits, perhaps one of them will be good enough (pictured below).  The first one is a two button, medium grey with a bit of a shine (not too much, just nice for summer) - I...
Wow, lot´s of new stuff since I last checked. I work in the office of a small Spanish restaurant chain.  There are only 4 of us and we never deal with providers nor clients in the office. 40 plus celcius Madrileñan weather combined with poor air conditioning make wearing a suit absolutely impossible.  We only need to dress formal when we go to the restaurants, where air conditioning is fine, to meet clients, employees, or providers.  Perhaps this can explain the...
Well, I'm glad I got this advice before going out and looing like a pirate in a boyband. Being Dutch, subtle and polite is often wasted on me...we seem to be a pretty direct and say it I guess I still have a lot to learn.Indeed, once the mercury rises above 30, the only comfortable thing to wear is shorts and nothing more. I guess it's just going to be a matter of suffering and putting up with it for two months.Any advice on battling sweat stains? Undershirts in...
Do waistcoats usually wear hotter than a jacket? I can imagine that, even though there is less material, a waiscoat would feel hotter due to its close fit, whereas a jacket, being further removed from the skin would feel cooler.I was initially thinking of skipping the jacket as wearing a jacket here in summer is impossible. Did it once last summer and I was soaked by the time I got to work. I figured a waiscoast would be a good way to add some formality and finishing to...
  I wish I could afford all that, however funds won´t allow that at the moment.  Like I said, I´m just starting to build a decent wardrobe, so I´m looking for building blocks, a foundation that will allow me to start with and build off of.  Stuff to wear on days where I´ll be meeting clients or providers.  On the rest of the days I can just wear shorts and short sleeve button up shirts without any problems. 
We´re still in the rainy season here in Madrid, but within the next two months we´ll be back to 90 and even 100+ weather (35/40 degrees celsius).  As I got my office job and started building a wardrobe last fall, I haven´t started a decent summer wardrobe yet.  Unfortunately, I can´t go out and get a bunch suits, shirts, etc.  Instead, I´ll just have to stick to a couple basic pieces, and work with them.   Luckily, I´m in the office of a small business, where wearing...
Just recently started learning how to dress, and trying to be a wee bit creative.  Opinions please!    
About half a year ago I decided it was time to start learning how to dress properly. Not sure if I´m doing a good job yet, so I´d be more than glad to hear your opinions.