or Connect

Posts by FourMileBurn

Apparently the Munson Boot RW's are a roughout leather that has been oiled and waxed.  
I have a pair of red wings boots 8139, but in all honestly I would rather have the green 8180 Oil tanned leather.         Has anybody ever treated the rough-out leather before? According to the RW EU site they suggest not using a conditioner. Has anybody here ever tried beeswax or mink oil on Abilene and the Mohave leathers?
Then I take it that they are the chromexcel's then? Sorry for the n00b q's. These will be my first pair of Alden. My collection mostly contain RW's and Wolverines.
      Anybody happen to know which make these might be? I just bought them.
I know what I'm about to say here can be looked upon as quite blasphemous amongst the purest at heart, but none the less has anybody ever try to dye 1000 mile boots? I say this because I recently purchased some of those two-tone Addisons, and well the two colors are starting to drive me nuts. The shoe is just a little to busy for me. Anyway I was thinking of having the tan dyed to match the brown, or just have them dyed black entirely. Any feedback is greatly...
I know what I'm about to say here can be looked upon as quite blasphemous amongst the purest at heart, but none the less has anybody ever try to dye 1000 mile boots? I say this because I recently purchased some of those two-tone Addisons, and well the two colors are starting to drive me nuts. The shoe is just a little to busy for me. Anyway I was thinking of having the tan dyed to match the brown, or just have them dyed black entirely. Any feedback is greatly...
Thanks indigoeagle!