or Connect

Posts by Sevcom

Quote: From what I hear, Earnest Sewn is dropping a lot of washes (Hutch 05, 09 and 10, as far as I've heard.) and perhaps changing the cuts as well (the Hemingway, I think.) They've added their own version of the PDC LIT jean, with a new kind of wash (a sort of dark rust/blue shade). Didn't get to try them on, but they seemed pretty good.
Really? I found the Filson cut as slim as the Hutch's. Maybe a little more so.
The ES are slimmer, but I feel pretty comfortable in a 33 in both the Hutch and the PDC GTO. Otherwise, the Hutch is pretty damn cool: the wash and detailing are more sophisticated than the GTO, which says something, and the denim is a little more rigid, rather than the sublime softness of its PDC counterpart. My only real gripes with the Hutch are the slightly lower placement of the honeycomb whiskers on the back of the knees and the lack of a coin pocket--the GTO's is...
As a knockaround pair, 517s are decent. Crappy denim, and the rise is too high for my liking, but for $20-something, they're OK. However, I kinda regret not just saving the money towards a pair of APC Rescue jeans, which are of vastly higher quality.
A pair of dark-wash Earnest Sewn Hutch or Filson jeans might also be up your alley. I think one of the Filson variants is a rigid selvage, which sounds close to what you'd like. Of course, the other suggestions are on the money too.
Pink American Apparel polo shirt Seven bootcut cords CK omega belt bare feet, because I'm relaxing in my apartment
Stick to weekdays from 10 to about 3, or Saturday mornings shortly after opening. Weekdays from 5 to 7 are the worst times to go.
Interesting. I'm an idiot when it comes to anything chemical-related, so good to know how the process works.
Jeans were made for blue-collar workers. Nowadays, that's an overgeneralization, and they come in all types. Designer brands like PDC, Nudie, APC and the like are as valid as good ole Levi's and Wranglers. To say otherwise is like saying wearing Norfolk jackets are acceptable only when shooting grouse. That said, I've never paid more than $100 for a pair of jeans, including hemming. (I bought a pair of GTOs at full price once, but returned them when I found them on sale...
My PDC resin-prep SLMs bled onto my white Nikes--mostly from rain, snow, what have you--but I think they've stopped. In any case, I don't particularly care because I don't like bright white sneaks. The vinegar method seems like your best bet.