or Connect

Posts by Sevcom

Quote: His character is cool?  I seem to recall him being cruel, juvenile and egomaniacal, for the most part. Agreed--and Malkovich was better as Valmont in Dangerous Liaisons. Seriously, there are vastly better style icons than Phillippe. Oh right, the topic. Paper Denim or Levi's jeans, T-shirts I've worn the hell out of/slim dress shirts, waist-length jacket/track jacket/leather safari jacket (from DDC, it's pretty cool, if seldom worn--but it...
Quote: But don't you think it will particularly pathetic on a "I-could-care-less" guy but one who is also overweight and has a severe acne problem? Sure. But a lot of things would look bad on said guy. I was commenting more on your assertion that one needs to be wealthy(-looking) to pull off this particular look, and that it's a privilege. There's nothing inherently privileged about this, or most looks, and people can wear it whenever and however...
Quote: Flipping up the collar is a privillege belonging to the few (you know what I mean*), and even then, best done only every now and then. Qualifications for flipping up other clothing items (e.g. sports jacket) are less stringent. .... *wealthy-looking (not necessarily wealthy), athletic, tall, slim, clear faced, socialable individuals Not really. Rockers have been doing this forever. It really requires more of a 'I don't give a fuck' attitude,...
Quote: The lapel, measured at the widest point (where the point is) should not be more than half the distance between the inside edge of the lapel to the shoulder seam. I thought that applies only to notch lapels. In any case: a) I like wider peak lapels in general, and b) go with what looks good on you, be they Helmut Lang-esque narrower lapels or YSL Rive Gauche huge ones. Depending on what the jacket's for, I'll go with either.
Quote: $22 to shorten a pair of jeans Wow--I pay about $12 to get an 'original hem' shortening of my jeans, but I'm in Atlanta right now.
Quote: Is there a historical precedent for this, or is just 'one of those things'? Don't most accounts say that the Duke of Windsor created the DB dinner jacket as a more casual alternative to the standard SB, since the former didn't require a vest or cummerbund? Sorta along the lines of the softer pleat-front shirt versus the older bib-front model? I may be way off my rocker, but that's my guess.
Quote: The double breasted suit is actually considered less formal than the single breasted suit. The cherished DB may be more chic than an SB, but it is less formal. That's interesting. I would have thought that a double-breasted suit would be more formal than a two-piece single-breasted suit, but perhaps more informal than a three-piece SB. I know that a DB dinner jacket is less formal than an SB one, but the latter is worn with a vest or cummerbund.
The problem with coloring your eyebrows would be your original color returning/roots showing. You would have to keep using the dye every time even a bit of black returns, because roots would look worse on your eyebrows than they do on your hair. Hence, why most guys and girls don't bother to dye their brows.
It's Express's line of jeans (note that the back stitching is ever so slightly different). 7 For All Mankind now has a different tag that warn people to watch out for imitations. You'll see a bunch of Express jeans come up on eBay promoted as the more expensive stuff. Needless to say, the Express Sevens are inferior.
So would you say that starting an eBay business isn't worthwhile nowadays? I've been thinking about trying it--my local outlets have designer jeans with some cache (AG, Energie and one sweet pair of DDC jeans that unfortunately aren't in my size) for about $27 each. But if any profit's going to be swallowed up in fees, this straight-outta-college-heading-to-grad-school kid probably doesn't have the time or the funds to try it.