or Connect

Posts by Sevcom

Congrats on getting to meet the prez. Do his suits look as clunky in person as they do in photos, ie the hugely built-up shoulders, etc? Just curious.
Quote: What is this about the BMX cut using inferior cotton?  I bought a pair of these this last weekend, and it is my first pair of PDCs.  I tried on several different cuts, but I liked these the most. I originally went to the store looking to buy my first pair of raw denim jeans.  They didn't have any nudies, but they did have Earnest Sewn raw selvage denim.  I tried these on but I didn't realize that raw denim was so long before it shrunk.  I had to...
Quote: What is this about the BMX cut using inferior cotton?  I bought a pair of these this last weekend, and it is my first pair of PDCs.  I tried on several different cuts, but I liked these the most. I originally went to the store looking to buy my first pair of raw denim jeans.  They didn't have any nudies, but they did have Earnest Sewn raw selvage denim.  I tried these on but I didn't realize that raw denim was so long before it shrunk.  I had to...
Maybe they're just afraid of the radiation, like Maury Ballstein.
Two quick asides: 1) The Da'mage Web site is more than a little silly. 2) Going off Paper Denim's site, the new washes for the jeans look fairly uninteresting to me. I'm not a big fan of the Marlowe in person, although it does look good online. And I guess the Ransom, which I've seen IRL, is a more sophisticated take on the Diesel 796 wash. But nothing else seems particularly must-have. BTW, are they phasing out the GTO in favor of the BMX? If so, that'd be a...
Two quick asides: 1) The Da'mage Web site is more than a little silly. 2) Going off Paper Denim's site, the new washes for the jeans look fairly uninteresting to me. I'm not a big fan of the Marlowe in person, although it does look good online. And I guess the Ransom, which I've seen IRL, is a more sophisticated take on the Diesel 796 wash. But nothing else seems particularly must-have. BTW, are they phasing out the GTO in favor of the BMX? If so, that'd be a...
They still had a healthy selection of trousers and casual shirts at nice prices ($99 for pants, $75 for shirts). Only saw two types of ties: a sort of zig-zag stripe set on a cream background (black, bright blue and pink varieties were available) and a Kelly green dotted tie for $30. Sorry aybojs, didn't see any pocket squares, but there may have been some I didn't see. BTW, it was my first time in a Syms, and damn, is that store a little depressing. It's dark with only...
It's from a Departures roundup of custom suits, though like many of the mag's articles, the article might as well have come from Oxxford's marketing dept.
I bought what turned out to be a pair of fake Sevens from str8_deelz a while back, and they were really, really terrible looking fakes. Somehow, he keeps up a good business selling them, but the customers should be able to tell that the poor denim quality, sloppy stitching, awful wash and lack of a crease down the leg does not add up to a real NYD Seven jean. Looking at denim_kingdom's wares makes me suspicious as well.
Try this.