or Connect

Posts by Sevcom

Quote: APC Anglais - 7 years with no wash. Wow--the wear on those jeans is incredible. It's like Scott Morrisson's work on Earnest Sewn, only achieved naturally. What's not incredible is the mold that was growing on them, per the author. Are there any other unwashed bootcut jeans with a GTO-type-rise other than the Nudies? I might pick up a pair of RRs at some point, but I'd like to consider some other options. If they were around the Nudie...
Quote: Argh.. I hate the dreaded zipper-belly. I'll try one on, but I really, really hate that. AA zip hoodies are short enough that they don't bow out and create the faux paunch. While it'd be nice to have the double zip, I still think they're among the best cut of their kind.
You're good to go. Honestly, for what it's worth, anyone who spends time worrying whether his shoes match the buttons on their suit has too much time on his hands.
Quote: What is this about the BMX cut using inferior cotton?  I bought a pair of these this last weekend, and it is my first pair of PDCs.  I tried on several different cuts, but I liked these the most. I originally went to the store looking to buy my first pair of raw denim jeans.  They didn't have any nudies, but they did have Earnest Sewn raw selvage denim.  I tried these on but I didn't realize that raw denim was so long before it shrunk.  I had to...
Quote: What is this about the BMX cut using inferior cotton?  I bought a pair of these this last weekend, and it is my first pair of PDCs.  I tried on several different cuts, but I liked these the most. I originally went to the store looking to buy my first pair of raw denim jeans.  They didn't have any nudies, but they did have Earnest Sewn raw selvage denim.  I tried these on but I didn't realize that raw denim was so long before it shrunk.  I had to...
Maybe they're just afraid of the radiation, like Maury Ballstein.
Two quick asides: 1) The Da'mage Web site is more than a little silly. 2) Going off Paper Denim's site, the new washes for the jeans look fairly uninteresting to me. I'm not a big fan of the Marlowe in person, although it does look good online. And I guess the Ransom, which I've seen IRL, is a more sophisticated take on the Diesel 796 wash. But nothing else seems particularly must-have. BTW, are they phasing out the GTO in favor of the BMX? If so, that'd be a...
Two quick asides: 1) The Da'mage Web site is more than a little silly. 2) Going off Paper Denim's site, the new washes for the jeans look fairly uninteresting to me. I'm not a big fan of the Marlowe in person, although it does look good online. And I guess the Ransom, which I've seen IRL, is a more sophisticated take on the Diesel 796 wash. But nothing else seems particularly must-have. BTW, are they phasing out the GTO in favor of the BMX? If so, that'd be a...
They still had a healthy selection of trousers and casual shirts at nice prices ($99 for pants, $75 for shirts). Only saw two types of ties: a sort of zig-zag stripe set on a cream background (black, bright blue and pink varieties were available) and a Kelly green dotted tie for $30. Sorry aybojs, didn't see any pocket squares, but there may have been some I didn't see. BTW, it was my first time in a Syms, and damn, is that store a little depressing. It's dark with only...
It's from a Departures roundup of custom suits, though like many of the mag's articles, the article might as well have come from Oxxford's marketing dept.