or Connect

Posts by Sevcom

What about this American Apparel one?
What about this American Apparel one?
Quote: If you are on TMobile or Cingular/AT&T, which use the GSM system, you can purchase an "unlocked" GSM phone and use it freely on either network. The phones that they sell are usually locked to their network and cannot be used on another provider's network unless you get it unlocked, which may void the warranty but is not likely to cause any other ill effects. Does this mean that (with unlocking) any Cingular phone will work on T-Mobile's network...
I remember the first time I heard him: my friends and I were driving down to Florida, and one of us popped Strategic Grill Locations in the CD player. By the time he got to the pet cemetary/"We are the world" joke, we had to pull over because we were laughing so hard. "If you're flammable and you have legs, you're never blocking a fire exit."
Quote: For you folks in Atlanta, it is the Mayfair on the corner of 14th/Juniper. One or two of my friends live there. It's quite nice, and the view of midtown from the balcony is excellent.
Thanks, Brian. I guess I'll just get a pair of dry selvage RRs (though LA Guy's argument for the greycast has merit too). Hopefully I'll be happier with them than with the pair of Levi's 517s I bought on sale for $24. The rise is too high and the cut generally not that great. Coupled with the crappy quality of the denim, I don't wear them more than once every couple of weeks, and obviously not enough to get good fade/wear patterns.
Quote: APC Anglais - 7 years with no wash. Wow--the wear on those jeans is incredible. It's like Scott Morrisson's work on Earnest Sewn, only achieved naturally. What's not incredible is the mold that was growing on them, per the author. Are there any other unwashed bootcut jeans with a GTO-type-rise other than the Nudies? I might pick up a pair of RRs at some point, but I'd like to consider some other options. If they were around the Nudie...
Quote: Argh.. I hate the dreaded zipper-belly. I'll try one on, but I really, really hate that. AA zip hoodies are short enough that they don't bow out and create the faux paunch. While it'd be nice to have the double zip, I still think they're among the best cut of their kind.
You're good to go. Honestly, for what it's worth, anyone who spends time worrying whether his shoes match the buttons on their suit has too much time on his hands.
Just a quick note: Those with medical training, correct me if I'm wrong, but this isn't a painful death. Schiavo won't die from starvation, but rather from dehydration, which apparently is like slipping into a deep sleep. From a recent St. Pete Times article: Quote: The heart of the issue for some is whether Schiavo will suffer as she dies after the feeding tube is removed. [Dr. Stephen Mernoff, a clinical assistant professor of neurology at Brown University]...