or Connect

Posts by woodchuck312

White Marsh Maryland :) You really need to go sometime.  The store itself is nothing special but the loading area is where the entertainment is. People trying to fit sofa's in Honda Accords, straping dressers on top of their BMW's etc.   The best was the one day i was walking through the store and there was a couple in front of me with a large reclining chair arguing about how they would get it home and all i remember the woman saying was i'm not doing that....... 15...
Yeah you gotta ask yourself, why is  a $2,000-25,000 watch at a thrift store.   Someone dies and the relatives empty out the closet because they don't think clothes are worth anything.  But 99.9% of the time they are gonna check those watches and jewelry before donating.   I had a similar situation a couple months back, came across a IWC Portuguese, with a broken off knob, sold as is for $200.00.  I don't know enough about them to know if they are real or fake, in my heart...
 Huh weird i just picked up one of these ties last week.  They are very nice 
Great this snow storm on the east coast is looking like it might be worse than expected.  Was planning an all day thrift tomorrow.... eh fuck it i got a Subaru...onward ho bitches.
Thanks guys, just ordered the Islay's from Robert Old this afternoon in a 8.5UK.   They are on backorder so i'm not expecting them anytime soon but i'll post some pics once they arrive.
Hi everyone,   I have a quick sizing question.  I'm looking to purchase a pair of Islay boots.   I wear a 9.5D in Alden Indy boots, was wondering if I should order a 8.5 or 9UK in the Islay?   Thanks
Yeah that is one cashmere find you do not want to pass up haha. Nice score.
 Happens to everyone.  When i first started thrifting i thought Brooks Brothers shirts were amazing(heck they were since they were replacing JC Penney crap in my closet).   took me a few months but those BB shirts were soon replaced by thrifted T&A, Zegna, Borrelli, etc.
 Depends. If you like the clothing for you to personally wearthen yes, to flip no.    I pass on cashmere all the time.
Y'all heard that new song by Macklemore???   haha, i've been gone about 8 months, i'm back in the game now though.   Time to catch up on a few thousand posts I guess lol.   I actually took a long break from thrifting in the Summer because we were looking to buy a new house, well still havent found on we liked(wife is picky) so i decided to get back to thrifting this fall.  November/December have alsways been the greatest months for thrifting and flipping in my view.