or Connect

Posts by SomethingsFishy

Ah, also SNOOOOOOOGZ congratulations! Best wishes! 
Seiko is tremendously underrated. The Cocktail time in steel beats the pants off of any ETA competitor in the price range, and the Grand Seiko line is positively sublime. Hell, even their older quartz pieces can be charming. I'm currently wearing a 7A28-7049 that I found in a thrift store for less than ten bucks :) 
I'm torn on the Hamilton. On the one hand, it's aesthetically a nice watch. I don't find anything particularly inspiring about it, but that's just my own taste. On the other, it's nearly always the first recommendation made by budget-minded horological enthusiasts, so to someone in the know, seeing the jazzy can mean "I went on to the nearest watch forum, asked for a budget choice, and went with the first thing a random person on the internet suggested to me."  It sort of...
For that kind of money, not doing at least MTM is borderline unthinkable here. You should really be going bespoke. Unless your body happens to be a perfect Brioni / Oxxford / Kiton pattern, you'd be poorly served for your 5-6k. Even if it is, you could have gotten savile row level bespoke for the same kind of money.  If you have no qualms about dropping a few Gs on a suit, why not spend the money on a flight to Chicago and talk to Chris Despos? He's here on SF and I'm yet...
So this week the  basement flooded and my computer died + it's week 1 of finals. Not great.  Fortunately, it's been the best week of thrifting we've ever had. These are JUST the really awesome things. SIZES 44-48 R-L GET AT ME     From most distant to proximal: 1) Samuelsohn LP110s navy orphan, hella sportcoatable2) Zegna mainline navy staple suit3) English bespoke 6-2 db orphan that was way too perfect to leave4) Belvest 120s windowpane sport coat5&6) Cantarelli modern...
You, Spoo, and GMMcl can basically take all credit for inspiring me to dress better. Great fit!
Really? Striped shirts were never meant for jackets? Can someone explain to me why? 
^^^  HUGE props for being a complete pleasure to work with! :D   Those complements XD
Two e-thrifts. A LOT of skin in the game on them, but... Cha-ching. Crockett & Jones / PRL Ravello shell chukkas, 13D [[SPOILER]] Santoni FAM #8 shell captoe derbies, 10.5D [[SPOILER]]
Thanks so much for the feedback guys!