or Connect

Posts by SomethingsFishy

How'd I do?
Welcome to styleforum.  Both jackets are too small in the waist - keep looking. Frankly, I wouldn't worry about anything for a school formal; there's very little you can screw up badly enough to be noteworthy. Most everyone will be wearing poorly-fitted, poor quality, situationally inappropriate garments.    Please don't try to match your partner. Ninety nine times out of a hundred, it will look appalling. If you must match ever so slightly, I'd suggest a blue tie, like...
Not boots, just adelaides. 
Despite being berated by the gents at the Good Taste Thread over my trousers, I think I'll give this one a spin...     
These follow-ups were hilarious :) yes; it's a bit absurd, I agree; I persuaded my buddies that we should do a formal day, despite our surroundings. Thanks for the feedback with the trousers. For the record, this is what a more typical workday looks like for me. Are fluorescent yellow fins in good taste?  [[SPOILER]]
Thanks for the tip, on point as always man. Incidentally; I'm actually living/working out of an island laboratory right now and haven't had access to an iron in almost a month . The only dry cleaning shop on the island suffered a fire just before I arrived! Rumpled trousers aside, do you think this worked? 

I know I owe a few people PMs; don't worry, I haven't forgotten! Been extremely busy; wanted to post a quick thrift fit all the same.     
I believe this is attempt number 3 from me. Obviously a jacket / trousers ensemble again, but hopefully one that passes muster.  Forgive the misbehaving pocket square- it rode up a bit in this photo. Pretend it's an inch lower (and not encroaching on the lapel.)   A smaller, low-quality shot, taken at sundown. Gives a better sense of the tie knot in proportion to the collar.       Blue oxford with a cutaway collar  Donegal tweed sport coat Cotton trousers in...
Hey guys, Sadly, I'm on an island now with no thrift stores, so I might be a tad inactive with hauls for a while.    All the same, here's my thrift fit for the week. A little something different.  Entirely e-thrifted / thrift funded.