or Connect

Posts by Michael Pukas

about $265 for the complete rebuild. The dress toe cap added a few extra $$. 
Had my my White's SJ rebuilt back in the spring. These were standard black SJ's w/ 1/2 at the back, full heavy lug sole. For some reason I ordered them w/ a double calastic toe cap. First got them over 11 years ago. I wore them a lot for the first couple of years, and then got tired of wearing them because they were so heavy and cumbersome, and I really didn't like the heel being that tall. I didn't care for the look of the heavy lug sole either. Sorry I didn't take before...
Hi guys - after lurking around here for some time, I wanted to jump in on this thread and share a few thoughts. I've been a long time White's Boots lover. I’m so excited to have found this thread and so many other guys who have such amazing boots. You’ve really opened my eyes up to what they can do.   I have a pair of black smoke jumpers that I got about 8 years ago. I love them, but don't wear them much now. They're just too heavy and clunky for every day wear...
I just posted this question in the general question thread, before I found this one... mod's, feel free to delete the other post if needed.       I’ve got a question about cleaning and restoring leather boots – I have a pair of Polo Ralph Lauren brown wing tip boots that are English bench-made. I picked them up about 12-13 years ago, and worn for many years. I’ve over-enthusiastically oiled them, and they have built up a funk of oil and dirt over time. There’s...
Hi All. I’m Michael, and have been lurking around here for some time.   I’m primarily a denim, shoe & boot whore. So relieving to find this place and to know that I’m not alone – HA!   I’ve got a question about cleaning and restoring leather boots – I have a pair of Polo Ralph Lauren brown wing tip boots that are English bench-made. I picked them up about 12-13 years ago, and worn for many years. I’ve over-enthusiastically oiled them, and they have built up a...