or Connect

Posts by Steve B.

46. The Poet- Michael Connelly A journalist does not believe reports that his twin, a police officer, committed suicide. He puts together a murder scenario believable enough to get the local police to reopen the case. He finds similar circumstances in killings of police officers across the US and develops his story into a series of serial killings. The case is then taken over by the FBI, and together they find more cases with more details.. Ultimately, he solves the...
I'm not so sure as I'm rooting for Cleveland as against GSW. They've already gone 73-9. Steph's won 2 straight MVPs. It's someone else's turn.It'll be LeBron's 6th straight Finals, which is quite an accomplishment, no matter what you think of the guy.
45. Void Moon- Michael Connelly A "hot burglar" ex-con from L.A. takes down a mark at the Cleopatra hotel in Las Vegas. She gets more than she bargains for when a briefcase she thinks contains 500K carries 2.5M of South FL mob money. A tough unscrupulous Las Vegas private investigator is hired to find the money; finds her; and all manner of mayhem ensues. This is an older example of Connelly's work, but it's a fantastic read. I read it straight through without putting it...
Go Raptors!
44. Nine Dragons- Michael Connelly Bosch solves a Chinese convenience store owner's murder in South Central L.A. He is initially convinced the people behind the killing are members of Chinese organized crime and spends a significant portion of the book in Hong Kong, functioning in a significantly different police environment, outside the law. In the end the slaying turns out to be much simpler, but Harry's life changes forever due to the happenings in Hong Kong. This...
Gotta admit I'm rooting for OKC in this series, because they beat the Spurs. And I'm sick of hearing about Steph Curry and the Warriors.
Someone did that to Ginobili this year, he required surgery and was out for a month.Ouch.
I'd rather see them pursue Durant. I think if the Thunder lose to GS, he'll be open to leaving.Or even Pau Gasol-although he doesn't serve the need for youth and speed.EDIT: Or Whiteside, if they feel they can get him to mature into the model citizen the Spurs prefer.I think both Duncan and Ginobili will retire.
Too much. But someone will give it to him. Pitching is always at a premium.
And where did the Lakers finish this season?How long will it be until they see the second round of the playoffs?