or Connect

Posts by Steve B.

They signed Patty at 4 and Boris at 7. As Patty will be out till Jan, I'd bet they'll resign Joseph. Ayers and Bonner will be gone.
He's a total fit. But he's making 19 mil...I disagree, Harden doesn't play defense, Howard can't make free throws and is a petulant child. And who needs a 7 foot three point shooter?IMO OKC is still the OTHER team to beat.
There's still a team in black and silver that Cleveland will need a lot more pieces to beat.
62. Fugitive Phillip Margolin 2009 A Thriller that didn't thrill. F
Here Kitty Kitty(sorry- just couldn't resist)
61. Dusklands J.M. Coetzee 1974 LIST 2 novelettes, unrelated. The first tells of a theoretician for the war in Vietnam, who, perhaps numbed by the violence of his subject, loses his mind and stabs his own child. The second recalls one of Coetzee's ancestors from the mid 18th century- his explorations, big game hunting, and brushes with the natives. I'm not really a fan of Coetzee, but clearly Bonsal is, because he has several books on the List. D
60. The Gods of Guilt Michael Connelly 2013 Michael Haller (aka The Lincoln lawyer), is hired to exonerate an accused killer of a prostitute whom he once had ties with. He wins the case but at incredible cost. Think I will find and read the rest of the LL books.
59. The Bounty Hunters Elmore Leonard 1953 Leonard's first novel; coincidentally a Western. An former army officer, now a contract scout, and a young officer out of uniform head to Mexico to retrieve an old Apache chief and give him land on a reservation in the US. Not surprisingly, he doesn't want to go. There's also a role for the rurales, Mexican bandit/soldiers, some of whom are good guys and some of whom are bad guys. The worst guys are the bounty hunters, who trade...
58. The Left Handed Woman Peter Handke 1976 THE LIST Novelette about a woman who has just separated from her husband. I enjoyed it. A-
But Parker was second team all-NBA. Guess all the basketball cognoscenti in here are smarter than those who see 100 basketball games a year.