or Connect

Posts by Steve B.

100. Showdown on the Hogback Louis L'Amour Another jewel of the range war variety. A group of Bad Guys look to swindle a group of settlers out of their land. They pass the land off to the government as as uninhabited swamp and get it to deed the property over to them. Both sides hire gunslingers to fight for their cause. Our hero at first heads up the Bad Guys, then sees the error of his ways, switches sides, and saves the day for the ranchers and farmers. Along the way...
They get a lot of hate from league management. I remember Stern fining Spurs 250K a couple of years ago for not bringing star players to a game later in the season that they didn't need.
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/11875566/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-envious-continuity-san-antonio-spurs
99. Messenger Lois Lowry 2004 The third book in The Giver quartet. Picks up with a character from the previous book who migrates from the feudal location to The Village- deep in the forest, a democracy where those with birth defects and other maladies are welcomed.. As he matures, the character realizes he has the gift to heal. He travels to the other location to bring the crippled girl from Book 2 and restore her to health. They encounter major, life-threatening...
Nothing like a little purple and gold roadkill... Kobe should just retire already.
Floyd, Floyd, and more Floyd... especially Pulse Any suggestions for AOR live downloads?
98. Black Sheep Max Brand A precocious young girl engineers a successful plot to remake her family's reputation from suspicion of lawlessness to heroism. It was a short book, but I enjoyed the character development and antics of the young girl. Reminded me of yours truly. I didn't care for the first Brand I read, but this was much better. Two new authors, so little time.
97. Canon Wells Zane Grey A novelette about a hard-living Arizona cowboy who runs from the law into Utah. He's taken in by a Mormon widow and her scrumptious daughter. He helps them build a large, profitable ranch, marries the pulchritudinous woman, who gives him a junior. The sheriff catches up with him eventually, but is so impressed by his new life that he allows him to repay his incurred debts over time.Fade to -ahem- grey. Liked it, perhaps better than L'Amour. I...
We are...MarquetteAnd for SF Fantasy'ers. Got him for $13.00. I might actually make the playoffs this year...
96. Westward the Tide Louis L'Amour 1977 Large wagon train in four columns. Column A (literally) are bad guys who feign respectability until the time is right to take over the train. Our hero foils said attempt through much sturm und drang, and whisks away a fine spirited woman in the process.