or Connect

Posts by Steve B.

2. Bright Lights, Big City 1984 Jay McInerney LIST A twenty-something dissipates in Manhattan, struggling with an impending divorce and an unfulfilling job. He drowns himself in alcohol and cocaine to cope with his life, predictably loses his job, and doesn't move any closer to finding himself. The book ends with his realization of the true cause of his pain (his mother's recent death), and the reader is left with a sense that even with this knowledge he will never turn...
1. The Land of Hidden Men Edgar Rice Burroughs 1931 An American physician becomes lost in the jungles of Cambodia and stumbles upon an ancient Khmer civilization. He happens upon a delectable damsel in distress, and succors her with daunting deeds of derring-do. They fall for one another, then he finds out she is a Princess. This complicates matters, and he must fashion more fantastic feats to win her father's permission to marry her. A Tarzan knock off, but I liked...
Happy New Year and welcome, EnglishGent! It's not as hard as you might think...
Pop just signed a multiyear extension last summer. And the Spurs have only missed the Playoffs 2 years in their existence since 1973.
I don't think we'll see a complete re-load like the-uh- LAKERS BABY LAKERS.
Pau Gasol- 9 blocks? WTH!
Duncan is actually worse than Parker. About the only thing I dislike about his game.Spurs certainly struggling these days. Leonard really proving his value and inching closer to that max contract.
The Drowning Pool seems very interesting.122. Barry Bonds: Love Me or Hate Me and the Making of an Antihero Jeff Pearlman 2007The biography of the controversial Barry Bonds. I must preface things by admitting myself to be in the former category. In fact, Bonds is the reason why I remain a Giant fan to this day.Perlman did 58 interviews for the book, but it winds up being the typical sports biography. It did, however, remind me of the fact that Bonds' father Barry, in...
119. Sniper's Honor 2014 Stephen Hunter Bob Lee Swagger's latest adventure. Mr. Swagger is called in to investigate an alleged Russian sniper kill of a high-ranking Nazi official in 1944. He accomplishes the task with some bumps in the road due to current interests in the matter. Great read. 120. Personal Lee Child 2014 The newest thriller featuring Jack Reacher. Reacher is pursued by a sniper with a vendetta after he gets out of prison. Throw in some good old style...
I'm still working on a couple too...