or Connect

Posts by Steve B.

80. Brionne Louis L'Amour 1968 The book opens with a gang of ruffians burning Major Brionne's house and killing his wife. Brionne brings the killer to justice, thereby infuriating the rest of his blackguard clan. They pursue Brionne and his young son into Utah, where they meet President Grant's surreptitious body guard and a beautiful woman on a quest for a silver mine. Heady stuff.
I thought the gentleman who turned up as The Honourable School Boy was shot in the back at the end of The Spy. I wallowed through TTSS (figured it out halfway through the book), Could barely open the School Boy, but LOVED Smiley's People.
Def The Spy Who Came in From the Cold.. IMO there is a small connection with the later Smiley novels.
Was wondering where you went to... Once a voracious reader, always a voracious reader.
Daniel Silva's Allon series is awesome.
Cheese Up
77. Arcanum 17 Andre Breton 1944 THE LIST If possible, this was an even stupider book. 78. The Iron Marshall Louis L'Amour 1979 A New York tough heads West and is drafted into service as a town marshal. He foils a train robbery and gets the girl. 79. The Key-Lock Man Louis L'Amour 1965 Matt Keelock gets the girl first, and then is forced to defend her and himself from a blood thirsty posse ready to hang him for a crime he did not commit.
I have also found some of the L'Amours crap, but probably 2/3 of them are good reads. I plan on assembling at least 1 copy of each of his 126 books. Contrast w/The List. Unfortunately I've found recently they are 4/5 junk.
May be a while till we see another...
I've never fooled with the misspelled titles, but books are cheap and arrive relatively quickly.