or Connect

Posts by Steve B.

Spurs looked like shit tonight (again), but the comeback was nice to watch.
90. The Man Called Noon Louis L'Amour 1970 A gunfighter is left with amnesia after he gets grazed by a bullet and bonked in the head in a "dry gulch" (assassination attempt). He spends the rest of the book remembering himself in bits and pieces. It culminates when he remembers where gold is hidden, cleverly disguised in musket balls. He delivers the gold to its rightful owner, and, as she should, she swoons at his feet. One of the better L'Amours I've read 56 down, 34+...
They did look like shit and Pop, as usual IS trolling the league. I think he will do it more than last year- but he may end up shooting himself in the foot.As will Kawhi.
I read somewhere it was 126, and I plan to get to them all this year and next. I have about 20 right now I haven't read; then I will fill in the rest one by one until I have a complete set. I'm thinking of reading the rest of Elmore Leonard's Westerns, and some non-fiction as well. Anyone have any other recommendations for next year?
89. Dark Canyon 1963 Louis L'Amour A young man leaves a small band of outlaws with their blessing. He wins a range war with their help, and they settle down and forsake the outlaw way to punch cows with him. Along the way he gets the girl, and we have a cameo by William Tell Sackett. Ah...if things were only so simple today.
I'd like to get back on The List- but without reading 10 a month, the task is really daunting. And my recent reads have really been duds.
I'd put it more like 110. You're making it hard on me, my friend.
88. Final Justice W.E.B. Griffin 2003 The primary hero of the Badge of Honor (cop) series assists in solving a major interstate crime, and a spur-of-the-moment dust-up which puts a third notch on his gun. I enjoyed the book, as well as the entire series so far.
I think the Spurs were smart to wait him out. If he plays well, give him the $. If not...
87. Gangster Squad 2012 Paul Lieberman Non-fiction story of organized crime in LA and the cops who fought it. It begins with the original 8 in the 1940s and follows them all through life to their deaths. The same is done with the criminals. The book was disorganized and dull, but I do plan to see the movie.