or Connect

Posts by Steve B.

116. The Californios 1974 Louis L'Amour The ER Burroughs and L'Amour books were my Dad's. He loved these books- so I figured what the heck. I think I've read 50 List books this year and only enjoyed 10-15. A family is trying to save their ranch from foreclosure near Malibu in 1844. A mystical old man takes the family into the wilderness and they find enough gold to comprise half the money. The other half magically appears at the ranch. There were metaphysics, riding,...
115. Thuvia, Maid of Mars Edgar Rice Burroughs 1916 Thuvia has played minor parts in prior books but here she is the heroine, along with Carthoris, son of John Carter. She has been stolen by a prince rival to her betrothed and to Carthoris. During the ensuing swashbuckling, she falls in love with Carter's son. Seeing this, her fiancee releases her from her vows. Our hero and heroine are now free to mate, which I assume they do right vigorously. 5
The first Tarzan book is.
I was really looking forward to this one and it just left me flat.
Wasn't aware you were a Burrough-a-phile, Clock....When I was reading books from the library I'd keep around 10. The books were my Dad's....114. The Warlord of Mars 1913 Edgar Rice BurroughsA new race of fierce Martians is discovered. They are yellow and hirsute. They live at the North Pole, and have a giant magnet. The magnet is used to disarm unsuspecting enemies, who are then enslaved.John Carter's princess Dejah Thoris has been imprisoned there as well as her...
Edgar Rice BurroughsLouis L'AmourAirplane thrillersList booksI should pick up some more list books, but with 50 others waiting on the bedroom floor it's hard to get motivated.
113. The Gods of Mars Edgar Rice Burroughs 1913 Our hero John Carter returns to Mars. He is deposited near the temple of Mars' deity, a little old mean nasty cannibal lady. He collaborates with the mighty green men (Mars' marines), the red men from Helium, and a race of black men called the First Born to expose the supposed goddess and show she is a mere human. It will be interesting to see what effect toppling the world's religion will have on the planet going...
Oddly enough, only the Rabbit books are on The List.It's Peter Bonsall's List, and I'd imagine the true literary cognoscenti squabble about what should be in all the time.I have one that's combined all 4 years since 2006 in spread sheet form and totals out at 1366.Clock gave me the URL- I hope he still remembers it if you want it.
112 Blood and Guts in High School Kathy Acker 1978 LIST I haven't read Allan Ginsberg yet, but I'd picture it to be just like this book. Except much, much better. Hands down the worst LIST book I've read. 8
What he said .Read W&P year before last- last book to 50. I think both you and Clock cleaned my clock.