or Connect

Posts by Steve B.

I won't say Spurs, because it jinxes them every time. OKC has become a real rivalry and I'm hoping someone knocks them off before (unless) SA has to play them. If SA doesn't take it I'd like to see LAC.
My Dad liked those as well.42. Ride The Dark Trail Louis L'Amour 1972A tale of Milo Talon's Empty M ranch. It is being besieged by land grabbers, with only an old lady Aunt Em to hold down the fort.Logan Sackett, Nolan's twin brother, happens to drift through and throws his hand in with his aunt.Until both of her sons return and the siege ends. Not exactly Stalingrad, but it kept me busy for a couple of days.But no one got a girl.
41. The Sky Liners 1970 Louis L'Amour Once again starring Flagan and Galloway, who are of the other mountain Sacketts from Tell, Tyrel, and Orrin- first cousins I think. There is: Gun Play Sacketts are hunted in an organized guerrilla fashion, each wounded grievously. Rustling Gold And the woman Judith who changes her allegiance from the bad guys to the good guys at the perfect moment. I just joined 2 writing clubs and I think I'm going to cut my teeth on Westerns...
40. Galloway 1970 Louis L'Amour Although it's named for his brother, this book is primarily about Flagan Sackett, his brother. Escapes from the Apaches naked and makes it 100 mi to civilization. Finds himself (surprse!) in the middle of aa range and gold war. Kills a few guys...Headed for the girl as the book ends. What is with all these names? How about Bob or Carol or Ted or Alice?
39. Treasure Mountain Louis L'Amour 1972 Another Sackett book, The three brothers are commissioned by their ailing mother to discover what happened to their father. He disappeared in the CO mountains looking for a cache of French army gold ore 100 years old some 20 years back. A member of his party had killed him before the elder Sackett would tell them where he'd hid the gold. 20 years later the same man follows Tell and attempts to murder him also. But he misses and...
38. How the West Was Won Louis L'Amour 1963 Adapted from the screenplay of the movie. Traces the lives of 3 families for 3 generations. The usual: good families win. A couple of bad guys get shot. The (somewhat) interesting fact about L'Amour is he almost always has at least one strong female character. Way ahead of his time, and something I like about his books.
This afternoon. I really enjoyed it, but am more of a Thor guy. The Cap is too uptight..
About 10.Then I'd like to start on Tarzan.
37. The Man From the Broken Hills Louis L'Amour 1975 Cattle rustler who steals the youngest cattle bit by bit from 3 different ranchers. Milo Talon reappearing in a starring role (Sackett family tree) once again figures out the scam and is wounded by the perpetrator. Pretty pedestrian stuff. Alas no girl getting. For those interested: grub: food light a shuck: leave box lunch: a social event at which various women make portable food auctioned to men one lunch at a...
I was laughing with you.