or Connect

Posts by Steve B.

Joe Montana.This. Especially because the Astros are such a fun young team to watch. I view them on Fox SW when I'm not enriching my mind with Westerns and crime novels.
San Antonio has only one pro team.I was born and raised in WI.2 words on the Giants: Barry Bonds. (Oh and I lived there 10 years).I also lived in LA for 10 years, and right down the hill from Eric Dickerson, but he wasn't a Packer.I think you've got a case of the sour grapes because no one in LA has won a championship in so long.Nor will the Dodgers this year- both AZ and SF are better ball clubs.But you do have the best weather.
25. The Concrete Blonde Michael Connelly Bosh is on trial for excessive force in the shooting death of a serial killer. While the trial is going on, a copy cat killer emerges, and Bosh solves the additional case. And he manages to keep his girlfriend throughout the whole book. Good stuff.
Second that. For OKC to erase a 20 pt. difference. Their record doesn't indicate it, but they're the second best team in the NBA currently. SAS had their hands full with the Lakers last night.
No Duncan, No Ginobili, No problem. Spurs HAMMERED Dallas tonight, and the head hunting poodle got ejected.
Peyton will choke once again
24. The Man from Skibbereen Louis L'Amour Crispin Mayo, an Irish immigrant from Skibbereen, County Cork, Ireland crosses the pond to try his hand working on the railroad in the Old West. He proceeds to have a number of scarcely believable wild and woolly adventures which turn him into a hero for the common man. Entertaining, but I kept wondering if he arrived legally, and what Donald Trump would say if he didn't.
23. Radigan Louis L'Amour A range war between 2 men with about 5 hundred head of cattle and clear title to the land they're on in New Mexico. A band of rustlers and usurpers with a false deed ride up from Texas with 3,000 head and try to run them off the land. Radigan wins and gets the girl. One of the better L'Amours I've read.
22. The Black Ice- Michael Connelly Detective Bosh breaks up a Mexican cartel supplying a new, exotic drug into the U.S. market. He also exposes a group of dirty cops. And gets the girl in the end. Great noir stuff!
21. The Black Echo Michael Connelly The first book to contain the exploits of Hieronymous (Harry) Bosh, Detective. In this episode he is still with the LAPD, and is assigned a homicide whom he recognizes as a fellow tunnel rat from Vietnam. Under the watchful eyes of LAPD's IAD (Internal Affairs Division), and a joint task force with the FBI, he proceeds to solve the case. Sorry- no more clues- it would give away the book, which is excellent. I'm going to read all of...