or Connect

Posts by Steve B.

104. Maximum Bob Elmore Leonard 1991 A seedy, humorous look into the lives a probation officer, a paroled convict, and a judge known for strict sentences (Maximum Bob). A good read, but I prefer Leonard's Westerns (surprise!).
Pau's killing me.
Crime of the Century is one of my Top Ten of all time.*sheepish* 1989 This from a guy who also bought and likes The Endless River.
Maybe the second...
103. The Heist Daniel Silva 2014 Gabriel Allon has finally accepted the appointment to chief of Israeli intelligence. His last mission as an agent involves raiding Syrian presidential bank accounts and recovering a priceless painting for the Italian art police that has been missing since 1969. Better than # 102.
What did you have in mind?
Only half were big and meaty...And currently I have nothing else to do.
Now Barkley can eat again.
102. The English Girl Daniel Silva 2013 Gabriel Allon is back in the saddle (Louis L'Amour reference), doing a favor for his old friend, Graham Seymour of MI-5. Not only is the British prime minister having an affair, but his mistress has been kidnapped. Allon finds her and solves the mystery of why she was taken, and by whom. Decent, but I've read better Silvas.
I have him blended with some really high percentage guys in the league I have him in, so he's really not hurting me. I didn't plan it that way, just sorta walked into it.