or Connect

Posts by Gray Blazer

I'm pretty sure I can't lose the goatee as I am balding.  The hat covers a whole new world.  However, I do not wear that hat so much anymore and just shave my head as close as I can get without using a razor.  I think the goatee prevents me from looking like an alien or diseased hospital patient.  But if you guys seriously think I don't need it, that is a great opinion.  Respect, as I have never heard that before.   I understand what you guys say about being charming...
Makoto Chan:   I'm trying to impress really hot girls.  If they don't care if my jacket is from Uniqlo or Louis Vuitton then I'll buy from Uniqlo.   It's not that I'm asking without a level head, it's that I'm a BEGINNER.  So please keep this in mind.  I am so beginner that I don't even know the REASON behind buying expensive clothes.    -Yes, I want high quality, but I don't know what it looks like.   ----But I only want high quality because that's what...
Also, let it be known that it's not that I don't know what I'm looking for, it's that I don't know the value of what I'm looking for.  I also don't know the difference between one place that sells the thing that I'm looking for and any other place that sells what I'm looking for.  I know design comes pretty heftily into play, but to be honest all of the designs look roughly the same.  So is paying a couple hundred extra dollars only going to mean something to me, or are...
Wow, thanks, Makoto Chan!  There's an Azabu Tailor right down the street from my house!  So I'm thinking that this would be a great option because not only will I get the jacket I'm looking for, I'll also get it tailored all in one go!  The only problem is what to say when people ask where it's from...   As for the Uniqlo raw denim, that would be great as long as nobody cares that it's from Uniqlo.  If I get the OK from the forum to make these purchases, problem...
cold war painter:   Yeah, serious about the gray shoes (well, sneakers).  He says that they're both original and versatile.  
Jeff M:   Thanks for the response.  I live in Tokyo, Japan.   What's my budget?  Good question, what IS my budget?  I have a credit card that maxes at 200,000 yen ($2,000).  I have about 150,000 ($1,500) in savings, and I currently have 40,000 yen ($400) in my bank account.  Pay day is Halloween, and that's going to be 250,000 yen ($2,500).  If you calculate all of that up I have 640,000 yen ($6,400) at my disposal.   Now, obviously I need to eat, and I have...
Hey, guys, I am completely new to fashion, and I need your advice.  I recently bought a book written by a French fashion advisor called "Style for Modern Men" by a recommendation from a friend.  He lists 11 basics that all beginners must have when it comes to fashion and articles of clothing you must own.  A few of them that I am working on right now are:   1)  A Gray Blazer   2)  Gray Shoes   3)  A pair of raw denim jeans   4)  A winter coat   As of...