or Connect

Posts by casanova

Inside out, inside a pillow-case, on a gentle cycle works pretty well for me..
Where exactly is Buccleuch?
I'd be more concerned about advising people to open a pocket using a pen-knife. It should just be a simple loop stitch that you can pull out with your fingers. Why risk damaging your suit?
Quote: Originally Posted by sonick Get one of these Amaze the ladies with flashing colours: The ladies who live in trailer parks perhaps......
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara Gin, scotch, bourbon. The Holy Triumvirate. Your life will be 100000x better with Knob Creek, Plymouth, Tanqueray, Cragganmore, Laphroiag, Caol Isla, Woodford Reserve, and Evan Williams Single Barrell in your cabinet. And Lagavulin naturally?
Reading the Count of Monte Cristo was actually where I first came across the Breguet name, though I didn't pay it much attention at the time. Then I started to notice the name a bit more recently, and eventually ended up at their website, which is well worth a look. The design and manufacture process is nicely elucidated and, while I'm sure it's not entirely reliable, is quite an enticing browse. I think they claim the tourbillion as their own invention. Is that a...
In the UK by any chance?
[quote=SoCal2NYC;739493]On another forum somone, in reference to Breguet and their Marketing (Dumas/Count of Monte Christo advertising), someone said: "Breguet and Blancpain are probably among the brands with the highest hype factors. Taking away the marketing fluff, they are excellent watch companies that rely almost exclusively on movements they did not design (even if their corporate group now owns the companies that designed the movements). I do not consider their...
Alain Figaret make a very nice white shirt indeed. Don't know if they're available in the US though...
I've a very nice lightweight jacket in a honey coloured tweed with a very discreet fine, open check in baby-pink and lilac from Smyth and Gibson in Belfast, Northern Ireland. It's styling is clearly cued by gunwear, but the cut is sharper and less roomy than you might expect, so it's not really suitable for hacking across the countryside, especially as it doesn't suit too many layers worn below it. It has a royal purple silk lining and single pleat, three buttons, and a...