or Connect

Posts by jesPak

Meurice did fine and delivered on time So, other than the unnecessarily rude guy at the counter, certainly no major negative issues. However, since Hallak picks up and drops off, unless I'd like to point something out in particular that would be better done in-person, I would more gladly use Hallak given the lack of rudeness.
i was unpleasantly surprised by the odd press from madame paulette on my 2 button suit jacket hallak had no such problems and removed stains well - though ended up delivering a day late (though actually, so did madame paulette) thus my vote would be for hallak i am now trying meurice, which is downtown - other than the unnecessarily rude person at the desk, from word of mouth and based on information here, it seems to be of good repute - will update on the outcome
Received a couple ties in the mail - somewhat wrinkled  - is there a way to fix this, or should I try to return? Thanks!  
Originally Posted by atoms  I feel happy with this suit and just need another pair of eyes to make sure I'm not missing anything grand. I think shoulders could be narrower but it's still within reason, and that pants need to be about 0.5" shorter to remove a slight break in the back (note: I think my left pant leg got caught in the back of the shoe). I realize I don't have all the proper photos so your opinion based on the limitations of these two is valued. This is...
Hello there. Looking for feedback on what type of alterations might improve the fit of this jacket - in particular the issues in the back, or whether it is a lost cause and should simply be returned. Obviously I'd shorten the sleeves and pants as well. Note that (you probably can tell but...) the vents have not been let out yet. Thanks!            
For anyone in NYC - any suggestions for a very reliable cleaner (spot removal), other than madame paulette, preferably downtown manhattan somewhere?   Anyone have any recent experience with Meurice regarding spot removal / tailoring? There is good feedback on an old thread, but not much recently   Thanks!
anyone know what "blocking" an article of clothing involves, and if it is advisable to use this to address a garment shrinking?   though i didn't think it possible, after dry cleaning a suit at madame paulette, my made-to -measure pants are slightly smaller than their non-dry-cleaned made-to-measure counterparts   the person from m.p. said they'd try to 'block it' back to original size if they had another pair of pants to compare to-    any...
will try again at this question, no responses to previous   any suggestions for a place to get reliable suit pressing in manhattan (other than madame paulette), preferably in lower manhattan? there is a thread about this but it hasn't been updated in a while.    thanks
Question about pressing / spot cleaning in NYC - there is another thread about this, but posts are from a ways back -   I was unpleasantly surprised after using Madame Paulette for the first time - did a nice job removing a stain from a lapel- but TERRIBLE job pressing the suit - the lapel was pressed as if it were a 3-roll-2 jacket rather than the 2-button jacket that it is.     - Anyone else have this odd problem with m.p.?   - Any recent feedback on...
Was unpleasantly surprised after using Madame Paulette for the first time - nice job removing a stain from a lapel- but TERRIBLE job pressing the suit - the lapel was pressed as if it were a 3-roll-2 jacket rather than the 2-button jacket it is.     Anyone else have this odd problem with m.p.?   Since its been a while since most of the above posts - any recent thoughts on Meurice versus Hallak, or other suggestions, preferably East/West Village? This is for spot...