or Connect

Posts by suitantie

Its a design agency, they do all sorts of marketing/branding/webdesign etc - its the video production side I'm interviewing for. They seem to have a fair amount of corporate clients but having looked at their blog, twitter and the 'about us' section of the website everyone seems to be dressed very casually - t-shirts, hoodies, jeans etc. I know the styles I've just mentioned are definitely not suitable for interview, I just don't want to overshoot by looking too smart. 
Thanks for the insider info. Thats really helpful thanks, I'm fairly confident in my portfolio but wanted to make a good impression appearance-wise. Do you think the outfit I suggested sounds ok or too much?
Thanks, but I don't know if this sort of look is really me :(
ok :) Thanks. I wasn't sure if a full suit would be too much? What would you recommend?
Hey folks,   I was wondering if I could have a bit of advice. I have a job interview this week for a post at a creative agency and I was unsure what to wear for the interview. There was no indication on the invitation of of a dress code but the industry is pretty casual.   I was thinking of trying to make an impression with a dressed up casual. I considered going for a dark chambray workshirt with a grey/brown tweed blazer, a pair of dark brown chinos, and brown...
  Thanks for this great advice. I'm already replacing t-shirts with casual shirts. I've got a couple like this only in grey/blue:   Is there any particular styles of shirt that would be good to go for? I've not got any polos so thats a complete blank page for me. Do you know of anywhere online that has good advice re shirts and shoes, I have no dressy shoes apart from a cheap pair of leather slip ons I bought for a wedding a while back.
Hi There,   I posted a repsonse earlier but I think it got eaten by the internet.   Thanks so much for all the speedy replies - lots of really great advice. Feels amazing that other people have been through the same thing - makes me feel a little less of an oddball. :D Thanks for the link, really interesting idea. I'll try see if I can get one going - how much does your tumblr reflect your style and how did it help you change it?   I'm away on business for the next few...
Hi Guyss,   Thanks for all the speedy replied and advice - its really good to know that other people have been through the same sort of thing and I'm not just an oddball! I'm away on business for the next couple of days but when I get back I'll take a few pics of the different clothes/outfits I've been wearing to see what you think? From suggestions from here would be great, good idea btw, thanks :)     I've tried the white shirt with my suit and I really quite like it -...
Hi There, I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this topic - please feel free to move it somewhere more appropriate. Basically I am looking for a little help. it may sound weird but I really want to change my clothing style to look much smarter than I do at the moment. I've just turned 30 and have spent most of my life dressing very casually - t-shirts, baggy jeans, hoodies, thick woolen jumpers etc etc. I've always sortof fantasized about dressing a...