or Connect

Posts by RanMan

Quote: Originally Posted by Night Owl And you start taking it apart to replace the gasket and find out that the head is warped from overheating Yep, have a machine shop resurface any aluminum head when replacing a blown head gasket. Warped heads are hard to see and any amount of warpage and you'll be doing the job a second time. I agree with Thomas - might be a hose leak or something as silly as loose hose clamp. Sometimes you can just grab a...
Couple of things you can do. Remove the spark plugs and add a couple of squirts of oil into the spark plug holes, maybe a teaspoon. This will help lubricate the piston rings as well as minimize any piston wall scoring from rust, which can develop during long periods of inactivity. Fill engine with fresh oil. Turn the ignition to the "on" position for at least 30 seconds to give the oil pump time to relube the engine's internal parts. Now hit the starter and turn the...
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...hlight=stanton
PM sent.
Rodolfo's is a one man shop and everything is done in house. Good luck, i think you'll like his work.
This is kind of my experience with Jack's. Nice guy, but not a lot of attention spent on details, cleaning up a jacket in back, ect... Dropped off a pair of trousers that came back with a rather chunky hem line, as if an excessively thick hem found its way onto a pair of light weight wool trousers. Sit down and your eyes go to it straight away.
Another vote for C&J. +1 on the advice to go down a full size, however the narrow width of your foot might be an issue. I'm a 10.5C and ordered the Belgrave in 9.5E (337 last) and felt like I was swimming in it, particularly at the heel. With B width hooves, I think you're gonna run into this same problem, sorry to say.
I have mixed feelings about Joe @ Rizzo. I brought in a blazer that had working buttonholes. The sleeves were long, so a good bit of the alteration came from shortening the sleeve at the shoulder. He did a great job of it, terrific work and was generous with his time and knowledge, answering my questions along the way. A suit I brought in was an entirely different ball game, however. Trouser had too much break and the jacket sleeves were very long. The sleeves were...
Thanks for the heads up deaddog. 30 is as large as they have at this point.
Likewise, if anyone has a 38R navy cashmere that doesn't work out as they expected. Thanks to the OP for the heads up on this sale regardless!