or Connect

Posts by MRM1

JC Penny's 100% cotton heavy weight Stafford underwear. I'm serious. Nothing else comes close.
I am young enough to remember the proms I attended. I brought my son prom suit shopping last year and brought him tux renting this year. So I do have a bit of experience in the ways of high school proms. I hope you can benefit from my experience. Most high school boys do indeed have a "look at me" approach to prom, which leads to clownish behavior and clownish dress. You will stand out the most by being the only one in your class who dresses well and plays by the...
Great suits. Do you have anything that would fit a 42 long/extra long?
I have been searching all over SF with the same question but haven't found anything on point. There's a recent thread that says that one version of SAK's house brand is made by Isia, and that the "cloth by Ermangilo Zenga" is made by Aboud, but I don't know. SAKs' Off Fifth website has Red and Black label on sale for 70% off or in the high $300 range. Can anyone explain what the difference is between the Red and Black labels and whether the run of the mill Saks suit is a...
I've made a study of the best quality undershirts. Don't ask, it's just something that's very important to me. A great dress shirt without a solid undershirt is like drinking a great quality beer that's warm. I've bought them all over the years. The best is head and shoulders above the rest and will surprise you. It's JC Penny's 100% cotton heavy weight Stafford undershirts. Don't get distracted by the slightly cheaper poly blends. Fill your wardrobe with JC Penny's...
Also, I set the washer on its longest cycle but I use the highest level of water available so there is a lot of room for the shirts to slosh around without getting torn apart by the washing machine.
I wear the exact same shirts. In fact, about a year ago I switched completely to BB non-iron shirts precisely because I was tired of having my shirts ruined with dark stains that never seemed to come out when I had them laundered. I now insist on doing my own shirts because no one else does them right and its so easy. I used to wear shirts a couple of times. Now that it's so easy to have newly cleaned and ironed shirts I wear each one once before washing it...
Turnbull & Asser do the suits for the Bond movies. Anything that has been in a movie is available for purchase. http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/turnbull-asser-limited-edition-evening-shirt-bow-tie
I know little of fashion and good taste, but I know something of attending legal professional conferences and fitting in at their introductory cocktail parties with a limited wardrobe while traveling. The key is to understand your surpundings. The DOJ people will be dressed well but extremely conservatively. Their suits will be good quality, boring, and a few years old. Government lawyers dress more quietly than private criminal defense or plaintiff's personal injury...