or Connect

Posts by Mr Whitebeard

And I concur with the above comments about the jacket and the shirt sleeves. Showing a bit of cuff (a quarter of an inch) is cool. An inch looks goofy. By the way, does the jacket look ok when it's fastened? It looks as though it might be a little tight.
A good strategy is to start on the overdressed/ formal side and then, if necessary, ease off a bit. No-one will disrespect you for doing that. However, if you strive towards office conformity from an underdressed starting point, you will suffer and be scorned. In an office where everyone has a tucked-in shirt, you will always be remembered as the guy who turned up with his shirt flapping around in a sloppy way, like some Californian skate-boarder.If you try to upgrade from...
Well, that was a disappointment. I didn't expect to see that sort of language - or that degree of intolerance - on this site.
I heartily agree with Michael's final point here. P.G. Wodehouse put it neatly in one of the Bertie Wooster stories.Bertie is getting ready to go out and says: "Jeeves, how do I look?""Perfect Sir," replies the gentleman's gentleman. "That is to say, not quite perfect."
You're right, Michael; we don't agree. Each to his own taste, I suppose. Best regards, Nicholas.
You're right, Michael; we don't agree. Each to his own taste, I suppose. Best regards, Nicholas.
So it's more tricky and debatable than I thought. Are we all agreed on this, though? Of the socks, shoes and trousers, the socks must not have the lightest shade.
There are no stupid questions; only stupid answers.
Right, so this is more complex and subtle than it at first appeared. Can we agree, in our advice to this chap, that the sock should not be of a lighter shade than the lighter of the two things next to it?
Loake have lost their integrity by manufacturing in India. Cheaney are British-made from start to finish.