or Connect

Posts by ColmDawson

Oh dear. It was bound to happen haha
Just got a pair of the 2030 black cxl service boots, couldn't be happier with them!   I ordered a size 7 and for a couple of days I was sure I should've gone for a 7.5. But... after a bit of wear, it seems I went for the right size. Very grateful to Guy for his sizing help. In case anyone else is trying to triangulate their size, I wear a 7.5 US in LL Bean's Katahdin boots, a 7 UK in Meermin's Rui last and a 7 E UK in Crockett & Jones' 348 last.   Extra sweet is the...
What are those boots?
I think the veininess looks amazing on your MA-1.
I'm Irish, living in Spain.
I had the collar on all through the winter and then off since late February-ish. It's been said before but it is almost like having two jackets in one. I went for a fit that was a bit roomier than Charly's suggestions, especially in the upper arm. Wouldn't change a thing! Some fit pics here: [[SPOILER]]
A few A-2 detail pics. About six months of wear.   The details are the things that give you endless satisfaction: the colour of the lining, the beefiness of the zip and the thickness of the suede patch. The pocket flaps are so thick and soft too, it takes me an extra second to get something out of the pockets because I have to stop and fondle them first.       
I think the oxblood looks better with a full collar rather than a band collar. Just my opinion though. For reference:   
Thanks guys! I have a black lamb DR 2010 in the pipeline so hopefully that will turn out as good as the bomber did.   So there's going to be another shipment this week?