or Connect

Posts by silkman

chromeheart, i would go for the burberry between the two.  I only hope the inside doesnt have the horrible beige burb tartan...  
My Aussie friend Jules made RMs known to me. One piece leather and all.   Here are mine, craftsmans in chestnut with cuban heel, bought in 2005/6 with regular use since.  They have been treated about a month ago with RM chestnut cream @ a street "polisher" (don't know the exact word) near work.  Generally I treat them 1-2 times per year.  Never used trees on them.   Love em.    
Hello SF.    I decided to start a thread about this as I believe it hasn't been covered.  From personal experience I have discovered that the trouser length actually depends on the kind of shoe one will wear.  I always measure my trousers with the sort of shoes I will be wearing them with.  If I chose different shoes, the trousers feel awkward...   It also depends - IMO again - with how skinny or regular the trousers legs are.  Skinnier trousers look better with...
Hello tailors.   Looking on your thoughts on this fit -  I bought this zegna suit but they did a horrible job at the time.  I left it for 2 or so years in the closet and took it back to them and this time they did a better job, also adding some decent wait suppression.  But this is in my opinion, what do you think?    Tried to do the best with photos but they are only adequate, sorry for that.  I upped brightness & contrast a bit...   Oh and excuse the crappy...
This thread is fantastic.  
lol its not my butt so...   Butt your idea is great - to get a smaller size trousers and open up the back   Thanks for the reply :)  
Why not this one at half the price?  I have my eyes on it...   http://www.schottnyc.com/products/other/made-in-usa/leather-naval-pea-coat.htm   The burberry looks good though, how about nordstrom - don't know about them...  
A friend of mine is, how should I say this, "buttless".  As is his dad.   The waist on most of his trousers is ok but the butt is not.  A tailor, so he should do alterations 2 and 3?   Maybe more of #2 and less of #3?  and how to measure properly?   Thanks in advance for the reply...
Chavvy!  
RM Williams rules!  At the advice of an Aussie friend I have bought a pair  -in 2005 I think- and they still look and feel great.   I think its the craftsman with cuban heel.  Reading some of the comments in here, I still remember how comfortable they were out of the box and the fit was almost m2m, although to date they are the only boots/shoes I have bought off the net.    Has anyone tried any exotic leathers (croc, ostrich) or colours (eg red or green)? 205...