or Connect

Posts by Roger

Norcaltransplant's rank-ordering above seems consistent with what has been posted over the years on the forum. However, Martegani is missing and should be added, in my opinion, to the "Quality RTW" list. In addition, there are Lattanzi RTW shoes, and these should be added to the "Highest Quality RTW" list. The only quibble I might have with the above rankings might be re StefanoBi, which I'd probably drop down to the "Quality RTW" list. It's important, I think, to...
Good observation, LK. I love that show and have been thinking about buying the complete boxed set of DVDs. It's amazing how the production company has been able to create the art deco design feel of the 30s. David Suchet is, of course, a very fine actor and really looks the way we'd imagine Poirot from the books, and Hugh Fraser nails Capt. Hastings.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I've been waiting on a pair for more than a year, and it has made me crabby. Migawd! What's been the problem? These are MTO? Did you request any difficult-to-add special features? Maybe EG just prefers Canadians to Yanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kai What about Cleverley? They make ready to wear shoes. Widely believed to be made by C&J to Handgrade standards. Thus, the latter would form the basis of comparison with Lobb, EG, G&G et al.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I just mean for the individual buyer. I don't know how he does it, but he gets them to make shoes in the same century that the order is placed. No other retailer has that power. I haven't bought EGs through a retailer, but have had very good experiences going directly through EG. For some reason (possibly a good one), EG is seriously dissed on this forum for their delivery times and service. I don't know...
Quote: Originally Posted by Twotone I would wear a Hamilton or Seiko automatic over a quartz "fashion watch" any day. I prefer watches that have a bit of "soul" to them, something lacking in quartz watches. Some of the Seiko 5 automatics can be found well under $100. The are not "poser" watches and are not pretending to be something they are not. Twotone This sentiment about "soul" is not only trite, but, in my opinion, also fundamentally...
There was a similar thread a number of months ago (Part Un), but it didn't really get much into what I'm asking here. BTW, in the title, I don't mean "with pride," etc. ( , but more mundanely in terms of location and orientation. Here are the ways I've seen watches worn: 1. On the non-dominant (left, if right-handed) wrist between the wrist bone (the prominent bone that protrudes at the end of your arm just before your hand) and the hand, locating it as far out as...
Quote: Originally Posted by 87Suited What a brilliant thread. I was out celebrating my recent promotion last Friday after work and after a few too many I found myself in a situation where I needed to climb a chain-link fence. Needless to say that in my inebriated state I managed to tear my pants at the pocket. There's about a two inch tear along the seam and fraying of the fabrics along the tear. Is this salvageable? if so, would any tailor be able...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 They are nice but the only perceivable difference between the Lattanzis that you've pictured and, for instance, RTW EGs is that the leather antiquing is much more intriquing on the former. That is it. Pictures like this are very deceiving (but we do appreciate them, woolymammoth), and hardly reveal much of the details. Once you had the shoes in your hands you might find many differences in fine detail,...
Very nice belts, Jonathan. I think you have some winners here! Are the colors in your pics true to life?