or Connect

Posts by Roger

Quote: Originally Posted by Twotone I would wear a Hamilton or Seiko automatic over a quartz "fashion watch" any day. I prefer watches that have a bit of "soul" to them, something lacking in quartz watches. Some of the Seiko 5 automatics can be found well under $100. The are not "poser" watches and are not pretending to be something they are not. Twotone This sentiment about "soul" is not only trite, but, in my opinion, also fundamentally...
There was a similar thread a number of months ago (Part Un), but it didn't really get much into what I'm asking here. BTW, in the title, I don't mean "with pride," etc. ( , but more mundanely in terms of location and orientation. Here are the ways I've seen watches worn: 1. On the non-dominant (left, if right-handed) wrist between the wrist bone (the prominent bone that protrudes at the end of your arm just before your hand) and the hand, locating it as far out as...
Quote: Originally Posted by 87Suited What a brilliant thread. I was out celebrating my recent promotion last Friday after work and after a few too many I found myself in a situation where I needed to climb a chain-link fence. Needless to say that in my inebriated state I managed to tear my pants at the pocket. There's about a two inch tear along the seam and fraying of the fabrics along the tear. Is this salvageable? if so, would any tailor be able...
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 They are nice but the only perceivable difference between the Lattanzis that you've pictured and, for instance, RTW EGs is that the leather antiquing is much more intriquing on the former. That is it. Pictures like this are very deceiving (but we do appreciate them, woolymammoth), and hardly reveal much of the details. Once you had the shoes in your hands you might find many differences in fine detail,...
Very nice belts, Jonathan. I think you have some winners here! Are the colors in your pics true to life?
I love this color and have several dress shirts in it. I generally match my tie color (roughly) to the color of the jacket I'm wearing. For example, I have an aqua sports jacket (with a similar orange-tan window-pane) that looks good with this color shirt and darker aqua ties, and either a darker orangey pocket square or a darker aqua one. In general, this color seems to go pretty well with various shades of blue (perhaps because it is opposite on the color spectrum). ...
I have it, purchasing it on sale, exactly as described by jjl5000. It is nothing more (or less) than the Chelsea without a toe cap. The sale shoes were on the 888 last, which was fine, but I think that your instincts about the 82 last are right--if I'd ordered it MTO, I'd have got the 82. This is a formal dress shoe, and, to my mind, the square-toe form is less elegant in the more formal context than the smart round 82 last.
I have the pants press, but find the fabric freshener interesting. I went to the Amazon website, but am not completely clear about what it does. Do you find that you don't need to wash your shirts quite as often when using this?
Very very nice. And just a helluva deal at $275. Wear them in good health.
Here's my take on belts and buckles for what it's worth. The nicest buckles are either sterling silver or gold. You can purchase a nice sterling silver buckle for something on the order of $150 or so. Solid gold will, of course, cost many times that. A thick gold plating on a base metal or over sterling (giving you vermeil) would be pretty nice too. If these are too expensive (and they are for most of us), nicely-finished silver- or gold-tone will do. I get all my...