or Connect

Posts by Roger

In response to the hearty endorsement of Lexol in several posts above, I'd warn about its tendency to darken the leather. In fact, Lexol themselves warn of this, and many of us have had this occur with this conditioner. Fine, of course, with black shoes, but less than optimal with other colors. For this reason, I've gone to other conditioners for the first stage of my shoe-polishing regimen. The Allen-Edmonds conditioner seems fine (and I'm sure there are many others...
Quote: Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL Never said they were better.... True. I just inferred that from the price differential.
Quote: Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL Price is high, but these belts should last you a lifetime. When was the last time you saw a whiskey/natural shell belt from Horween? Tom, those certainly are lovely belts. Just one question: What is it about the #8 one that makes it superior to Alden's regular #8 shell cordovan belt? Is the buckle better? The fact that they're stitched on top, rather than underneath as on the usual Alden belts? These...
Quote: Originally Posted by EL72 Artioli I believe. Nice deals! If I didn't have 5 pairs of brown suede shoes, I'd buy those wingtips. Is Artioli making Brioni-branded shoes now? For some time it was Lattanzi, but it's possible that this has changed.
I like corduroy jackets and wear them in a number of casual situations. They throw off what I consider to be a neat vibe--one representing a sort of insouciance blended with intellectual acumen and orientation. The one in the link is quite a bit more casual than any I own, but I think it could work with high-quality chinos or, possibly, more casual wool trousers, although the latter might be a stretch. The color I like best for shirts with my brown-tone cord jackets is...
Norcaltransplant's rank-ordering above seems consistent with what has been posted over the years on the forum. However, Martegani is missing and should be added, in my opinion, to the "Quality RTW" list. In addition, there are Lattanzi RTW shoes, and these should be added to the "Highest Quality RTW" list. The only quibble I might have with the above rankings might be re StefanoBi, which I'd probably drop down to the "Quality RTW" list. It's important, I think, to...
Good observation, LK. I love that show and have been thinking about buying the complete boxed set of DVDs. It's amazing how the production company has been able to create the art deco design feel of the 30s. David Suchet is, of course, a very fine actor and really looks the way we'd imagine Poirot from the books, and Hugh Fraser nails Capt. Hastings.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I've been waiting on a pair for more than a year, and it has made me crabby. Migawd! What's been the problem? These are MTO? Did you request any difficult-to-add special features? Maybe EG just prefers Canadians to Yanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kai What about Cleverley? They make ready to wear shoes. Widely believed to be made by C&J to Handgrade standards. Thus, the latter would form the basis of comparison with Lobb, EG, G&G et al.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I just mean for the individual buyer. I don't know how he does it, but he gets them to make shoes in the same century that the order is placed. No other retailer has that power. I haven't bought EGs through a retailer, but have had very good experiences going directly through EG. For some reason (possibly a good one), EG is seriously dissed on this forum for their delivery times and service. I don't know...