or Connect

Posts by Roger

Quote: Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider Thx for the explanation man. I'll do a bit more research over the coming week and hopefully I'll be ready to make a purchase by next weekend. For me, I think I would prefer a smaller watch because I'm a very slim Asian guy. Big watches would look weird on me. I actually want a classic looking watch. If I decide to go with the watch that has the metal strap, how do I get it to fit my wrist perfectly? Do I have to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider I currently have my eyes on these two Seiko watches: http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/S-...5_SARB029.html http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/S-...5_SCVS015.html Other than the price difference, what sets these two watches apart? I know this is rather stupid to ask, but how does these two watches even compare to a Tag Heuer watch like...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider Thanks for the info Roger. Of the two sellers, which one do you prefer? I still find it hard to believe that Seiya can even sell those watches at those prices. I just checked the exchange rate and it seems like Seiya is selling those watches at a loss base on today's exchange rate. Of the two, I've often found Higuchi's prices a touch lower than Seiya's. Higuchi's English is considerably better than...
Yes, Seiko is very underrated in North America (although certainly not in Japan). They produce some of the world's finest watches, and I'm talking here about phenomenally beautiful and accurate timepieces, both mechanical and quartz. These high-end Seikos are, for the most part, the "Japan-only" models, and are seldom seen in NA. There are essentially two well-established sources for these high-end Seikos (and high-end Citizen watches too, which also are phenomenally...
Quote: Originally Posted by HappymaN Just wondering if anyone has asked Vass to trim the soles closer to the edge? I'm not sure that I like the way the sole sticks out the sides of the shoe. It seems to take away from the sleekness of the U-last. Is this the sort of request one can make? It's probably easier (in the sense of keeping things simpler for Vass and thus avoiding errors due to information overload) to just do it yourself. I've had...
Sorry if I missed it, but are these ties new?
I've been to a few of Harry's sales, and they've all been busts. The only stuff reduced has been crap I couldn't see anyone buying. In my opinion--based on a number of years shopping there--you'll seldom get a really good deal at Harry Rosen. I haven't set foot in either the Oakridge or Pacific Centre store for over a year now. Long-term forumers will perhaps remember my earlier posts decrying the slippage-into-mediocrity of this firm. Whether or not it is the...
Quote: Originally Posted by EL72 Nice shoes R! I agree that $750 with lasted trees isn't so bad considering the veritable shoe wasteland that is the Great White North with AE for $400, Ferragamo for $600...). Please post pics of your shoes in dark oak/suede; would love to see them. Perhaps I should have been a little more precise in describing the price. As Grimslade notes, the trees are extra. Specifically, the shoes were 470 GBP ($706 US at...
Quote: Originally Posted by Golf_Nerd The shoes are new. How many times did you wear them? Or is the good value for the money thing without wearing? Is this advertising? Or even GG spam??? This post puzzles me. It seems to me that the concept of "good value for the money" can stand independently of whether or not I have yet worn the shoes! Secondly, this is definitely neither advertising nor spam. It is a simple report of my experience with...
You did very well. They're lovely shoes. When I brought up the first picture, I thought that they were probably in the Lobb Plum Museum Calf. I have a pair of Chapels in that shade, and, believe me, the color is stunning. However, they may be in Lobb's Dark Brown Museum Calf--which is equally stunning. I really like the Museum Calf treatment that Lobb uses, with the antiquing effects occurring in the tanning process (as with the beautiful Radica Calf that Martegani...