or Connect

Posts by Roger

SOLD!! Thanks everybody.
SOLD!! RLPL Carter - by EG, in Dark Oak. Purchased close to a year ago, but worn no more than 5-6 times. Unlike most EG lasts, the 89 is just not a good fit for my feet. I understand that this model will no longer be available via RLPL, which means that the EG Ecton is now the only alternative (same shoe). Will include Woodlore cedar shoe trees. $350US shipped U.S. or Canada. Will ship internationally, but will need to determine postal costs. Photos below taken...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hermitedge DO WANT. I think I like this most out of the three military Seikos, but a 41mm would look big on my puny wrist. Does anybody own this piece? How puny? If it's 6.25" or larger, a 41 mm. diameter case would probably work OK. These days 41 mm. is not considered big; we see 45 mm. and up in many watches. The current fashion in this regard seems to be bigger, and big watch faces on men's wrists are...
Quote: Originally Posted by grimslade I forgot to mention that after a solid two weeks, mine is 20 seconds ahead. That's very good for an automatic watch. Most are out by closer to a minute in that time period.
Quote: Originally Posted by Wingnut Seiko's Kinetic is an electronic quartz movement. It is powered by "electricity" and is Seiko's answer to the Citizen Eco-Drive technology that recharges its internal cell with ambient light. To get around Citizen's patents, Seiko devised a mechanical charging system that uses a rotor similar to that used in a mechanical watch. Instead of a gear train that winds a mainspring though, it uses a sub-miniature coil and...
Quote: Originally Posted by davidsj What do you guys think of this watch? http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/S-...z_SBQK085.html http://www.seiyajapan.com/product/S-...z_SBQK087.html For the price it seems like a steal. Those watches at those prices are a steal (and you should be very ashamed about paying so little ). They are very nice-looking watches with a truly great movement in them, the Seiko 8F32. This movement, like all of the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider lol, thx for the reassurance. I'm just wondering how do I get the leather strap to fit my wrist perfectly? Does Seiko sell different kind of straps to accomodate the differences in wrist size or I just have to use the different holes in the strap to secure it on my wrist? If you have small wrists, shorter-than-normal watchstraps are available from a number of places. Here are two from whom I've bought...
Quote: Originally Posted by Aperipan Functionally, Seiko and many Japanese firms make a great functional product but they can't design. You're kidding, right? Take a look at some Seiko Credors or Citizen Campanolas or Chronomasters (all of these Japan-market watches). In my opinion, their design is far superior to what's coming out of Switzerland these days. You may not like their designs, but that's personal preference, and to assert that...
Wow, what a shoe collection! What's the status of those shoes, Andrew? Are they for sale? Are they all in large sizes?
I haven't been following this thread for some time, but dropped in today. It seems that some of you are looking for good MTM shirtmakers. A while back, I described my experiences in this area--not sure whether it was on this thread or another. In any case, in my experience the two best in Vancouver are (a) Chevalier Creations (925 W. Georgia--near Hornby; 604-687-8428) and (b) Minichiello's (North Van--127 W. Esplanade about a block west of Lonsdale; 604) 985-9222). I...