or Connect

Posts by jns425

Where is that option?
    Those are nice! No wide sizes would exclude me though.
  I'm wearing the Kenilworth for my wedding with a tux. I also own a pair of Fifth Avenues, but I thought the Kenilworth was a little better for the black tie because of the lack of lines/perforations.
  Oh yea! That is the plan! I'm gonna wear them around the house a while before the wedding. It wasn't my intention to buy shoes a year in advance, but I started casually looking and was having a hard time finding something dressy without perforations or lines. Once I found them I figured I should buy them just in case it becomes hard to find.       Thanks! Yea, I'm gonna try to do that.
    Haha. Well I am wearing them for my wedding which is October. My fiance wants me to save them till then, which is fine, because I have more than enough shoes.   Interesting point about storing them on their side. I wish there was a way to store them upright without taking up a massive amount of space. I suppose maybe I could keep them in the bags but on my shoe rack. Maybe I'll consider that...
  I have about 10 pairs of shoes that Ive just kept on my shoe rack with the trees in them. Recently I have started keeping the boxes on any new shoes that I buy, so now I store any new pair with the shoe trees, in the dust bug, and in the box.   I have a similar question to the one above. I have a pair of the Kenilworth which I purchased a few days ago, but I won't be wearing until October. In a few months I'll start wearing them around the house to break them in. In the...
    Update to my situation. I tried on the extra slim fit dress shirt at Brooks Brothers and it was still too baggy on me. My chest and shoulders are very big relative to my waist. I have literally tried on over a dozen shirts from multiple stores. I went into both Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers and asked for their slimmest dress shirt, but once I put on the 17 neck the shirts are huge on me. On a side note - the Ralph Lauren shirt I tried on was $400 (I never would...
Anyone ever have experience with wearing a different size in different styles (but with the same last)?   I wear a 7 EEE in the Kenilworth and 7.5EEE in the Park Avenue. I also wear a 7.5EEE in the lucca loafer, but the woman working at the store told me on all other lasts I'd wear an 8EEE. I was told even though the Kenilworth and Park Avenue are the on the same last, the Kenilworth is actually a longer shoe.   Anyway...great customer service story from AE...
Am I candidate for  the Extra Slim Fit shirts?   Waist 34, Chest 44, 5'10'', Neck 17    The standard slim fit shirts are huge on me. My go to dress shirts and sport shirts have been Theory, as they fit me perfectly. However, I need to find a slim fit french cuff shirt. Most shirts that fit me in the chest are just huge through the body.   I have yet to try the extra slim fit shirts, but I am thinking of ordering one through the free shipping deal...
Tried sifting through the thread, but couldn't exactly find what I'm looking for... I have an athletic build- currently 17 neck, 34 waist, 33 sleeve. I have found Theory dress shirts (and sport shirts to be my perfect fit), however I need to find a french cuff shirt. I like solid colors. The Brooks Brothers slim fit is obviously not slim. Should I try their extra slim fit? What other brands could I look at? Any" non slim fit " that fits my chest is really baggy through...