or Connect

Posts by jns425

Why offer a "non formal" patent leather shoe? Isnt that an oxymoron? Whats the point of a patent leather shoe if not to be as formal as possible...
It seems to me that everyone has a different opinion...if the bluchers are informal, why is it that AE only has one patent leather shoe and is a blucher? To play devil's advocate in terms of "traditional rules" - wouldnt a patent leather shoe be the "real choice"? But it seems like these days everyone is shying away from that option and opting for something like the Park Aves.   Assuming the blucher is the most casual of the shoes that I mentioned...you guys seem to...
I know this question has been asked a million times (and pretty recently as well), but I need a wedding/tux shoe...   My fiance wants me to buy something new for the wedding...   I was originally going to go with the Kenilworth, but I think they are potentially too casual. My next instinct would the Park Ave but I already have the 5th Ave in black (wish I wouldve bought the 5th Ave in a different color, as that would have solved the problem, but I didnt think it...
    I really like the Vernons. The brown ones look real nice.
What do you guys think about the Alex in the 348 last to wear with a tuxedo?   I have never tried C&J before though. I am between a 7.5 wide and 8 wide on the brannock. 7.5 wide on the AE 5 last (park avenue and 5th avenue). I'm thinking of possibly ordering a 7.5 from Sky Valet or Barneys and seeing if they fit... 
  Where do you find those shirts?
    Yup. Those are very close to my measurments.   For dress shirts - Theory fits me perfectly (they are expensive, but can be found onsale). However, I needed a french cuff shirt, which they don't carry. On a whim I went into Thomas Pink for their 30% off sale and their slim fit was perfect on me! I was really surprised. Not too tight but definitely not loose! It would be expensive to buy a lot of them at regular price, but if I ever was in need for something specific, I...
    You are right. I took them back to the store and after we closely examined them, the conclusion is that I might have stepped on something and cut the back sole. Either way, not very noticeable and to anyone except me, so I am ok with it.   ...However, there was an absolute issue with my Kenilworths. I took them out of the box for the first time, and there was literally a piece of leather cut off the back of the shoe. They took those back right away.   I am now...
  I am the same size in Park Avenues and Fifth Avenues, however I sized down 1/2 a size in the Kenilworth (also the 5 last)
I wore my Fifth Avenues for the first time yesterday. Literally walked from my house to my car and then from my car like 200 feet to a restaurant. When I took them off the back of the leather sole was split like 1/8 of an inch straight up the back. There was also a small flap of leather which fell off. My fiance said "I have shoes from payless which wouldnt do that after one wear."   Taking them back today...so annoyed.