or Connect

Posts by mavrick465

Does anyone know if there is another retailer that sells the Color 8 Dover with antique edge like the Leffot model?  I missed out on the pre-order and am on the waiting list if a spot opens up but was hoping to pick them up here in the next month or two for the summer... Any tips would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
I just returned the Epaulet Tan Suede belt last week because the color wasn't very close to my Tan LHS.  The Epaulet Snuff belt on the other hand was a much better match in color to the Snuff LHS and I ended up keeping that one.  Alden DC has some Tan Suede belts for sale at a discount but most sizes have the brass buckle I believe, I ended up buying it anyways.
  I hadn't even considered that but I really like the idea!   Ah, that is perfect, thanks for the tip, I will give Kathy call!
Just a follow up to some advice I asked for on whether to go with the Snuff LHS or the Tan a while back.  I took the advice of everyone here and got the snuff because it would be a bit more versatile and loved them when they came in.  The very next day I found the Tan LHS on Ebay in my size for  $220 NIB and I couldn't resist so I ended up with both, much to the dismay of my wife! Really happy with the fit and color.  Only problem is I am not sure I have a good belt to...
I took the advice of a couple members on here and ended up picking up a pair of Snuff LHS from TSM and I had a quick sizing question if someone wouldn't mind giving some sizing advice.  How snug is the loafer supposed to be, and will it stretch out a bit over time?  The heel fits great but it is just a little snug in the toebox and I am wondering if I should size up a 1/2 size..  Walking around the house it isn't uncomfortable or hurting me but it does feel a bit tight, is...
I was hoping to get a little advice on my next purchase which will be the unlined suede LHS, Van Last.  I am torn between the Tan or the Snuff suede.  I haven't been able to see either color in person and wondered if someone who owns both could chime in on which color overall is more versatile and a bit more casual as they will mostly be worn in the summer with Cotton/Linens etc.  Also, because this is a loafer will it be likely that I will need to go down in width or...
I don't post here very much but thought I would share this pair of CXL Wingtips on the Plaza last that I picked up from Leathersoul after someone in this thread mentioned that they were having a Big Size Sale and got them at a discount.  I have heard mixed reviews about dealing with Leathersoul but I had a very pleasant experience with their customer service and got a great deal because someone didn't come through on their size 12.5 preorder.  This is my first pair on the...
I noticed that Hober offers 2 different white linen pocket squares, a Belgian, and a Carlo Riva model, the latter is a little bit more expensive than the other. Is there a noticeable difference between the two? And would someone recommend one over the other? Thanks in advance!
I have been interested in picking up a Caine Navy Hopsack for a while now, and was browsing through this thread and there was some mention of special ordering longer sizes.  Is it possible to get a 40L?  I really need a length of 31" for a proper fit... My only other concern is that most of my other sport coats (40L) have an 18" shoulder, and although they aren't a tight fit in the shoulder, I didn't know if I could work with the .5" of difference, as the other...
Ahh thank you for the link, just what I was looking for!