or Connect

Posts by red81

where is that?
Hows their selvedge? No store in chicago foe me to see in person.
one piece of advice is if you do obenauf and/or oil them, make sure to make the boots not sticky, as the dust/micro particles will get in the leather and cause microtears and speed up the cracking process.
i don't use shoe trees, but i use mine for actual work (construction sites, etc).i oil them about once every 4 months or so with red wing boot oil.
 those descriptions are frighteningly spot on.
unionmade, archival should have stuff you need.
^ ceramics friend:   have her set up a linked in account , listing her company and her skills.  have her connect with a few friends and set up a "network" there.  eventually a name will pop up that might help her.
^   yeah, i believe those soles were meant for farm work and hunting originally, i.e. mud and dirt, not hard surfaces.
some of these replies cant be serious.   i'll vouch for the alden and loafers recs.  not sure if cp sneakers are "for going out", depends on the setting i guess.   walk-over makes nice suede bucks from what i hear.  of course if money's no object, i'd get alden instead of those.   rancourt also makes nice "casual" shoes.
learn something new every day (re: brutalism). lived in eastern europe as a young kid, that type of architecture is commonplace, never knew there was a name for it.