or Connect

Posts by Tamyom

Thank you very much Sir. Your suggestion is much appreciated. I'll try to put that in practice. Cheers.
I do wear my Barbour, among  a few other rags, in town and agree that the frontier between an urban environment and the countryside has become insignificant over the years. Actually, I also wear a pair of Galways at work. What I meant, and sorry if it comes confusing as English is not my native language, is that the conjunction of Galways, with veldtschoen construction, with a Zug leather becomes almost a technical equipment and if you're gonna have it, then use it in the...
In my humble opinion, what is anachronistic is to buy Veldtschoen Zug Galways to wear around town, whether they have leather soles with metal studs or rubber soles, when these are boots typically made to wear in proper conditions on the field (countryside or something alike). Metal studs can be very useful on smooth surfaces, and they fit the purpose on those conditions. Anyway, they can easily be removed and you''ll find yourself with a traditional leather sole. Sorry,...
This post was causing more grief than pleasure to the eyes, hence deleted. Please apologize any inconvenience.   Best wishes
XS if you want it adjusted to your 32'' chest and slim (only a shirt and thin jumper underneath). S if you want it roomy for more layers.
Hi   Could anyone confirm if these Ralph Lauren boots were made by Crockett & Jones and would anyone know the name of this model? They're made of rough out leather if that'ts not explicit with the photos. Many thanks in advance!!  
Sports coat from the famous Doriani Milano. 100% silk, lining cupro bemberg. Very good condition.     Shoulder to shoulder: 46cm Armpit to armpit: 51cm Shoulder seam  to cuff: 62cm Collar seam to end of back: 73cm   Contact me for shipping fees.   http://www.thesartorialist.com/photos/doriani-milan/
Hi.Thank you very much for all the praise on my boots shown a few pages back. To answer one of the questions raised, I am not the first owner and I confirm they have not been kept safely inside a closet during all these years. Although they were pampered just before I took the photos, they have been on the field and used as the rugged country boots they're expected to be. For the sake of science, and also to satisfy the curiosity of C&J aficionados, I just took some...
    Crockett & Jones boots made in 1944. Planning to resole in 2044.
PM sent